Mike Schley's MASSIVE Forgotten Realms Map From SCAG!

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."

Cartographer Mike Schley has posted the enormous map of Northwest Faerûn from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It's poster sized (10,200 x 6,600 pixels, or a 34-page PDF) or you can get the Artists Print version shipped to you in the form of a poster map. "This new absolutely massive map of D&D's Sword Coast and Northwestern Faerûn was commissioned by Wizards of the Coast to accompany their 5th Edition D&D game supplement Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. lead your adventures through his exhaustive map of The Forgotten Realms' most Iconic lands and make sure to let it inspire some truly fantastic storytelling."
The print version ($10-$54, depending on size) is here, and the digital version ($10) is here.

schley_fr.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My response was no less insulting than his. There have been more than a few posts about "being a smart shopper", etc., that have implied that I'm ignorant or something for having faith in WoTC and buying SCAG without first doing research.

As you agreed when you joined (not that long ago), do not derail threads with moderation arguments. If you can't remember the rules, they're conveniently linked at the bottom of every page for freely available refreshers.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I find this post incredibly insulting, Morrus, but no one said anything about it. His attitude is extremely condescending.

Did you report it? I don't read every post on the forums. Again, please keep moderation discussion out of the threads. Report posts you find problematic.

hawkeyefan

Legend

Sure. That was another alternative I mentioned earlier.

That link doesnt work for me, but if it's the same one you posted earlier, then it's the 3rd edition map that came with the Campaign Guide. It's a great map, and the one I've been using for my 5E campaign so far. Many will point out that it's a bit outdated due to some changes...but none of that has to matter.

Silthen

First Post
To be honest, I plan on using the map in the link anyways, I've just been away from the Realms for awhile and I'm wondering what's different now. My understanding was that the Sundering was supposed to "repair" all the geographic changes caused by the Spellplague, and return the Realms to the state it was in previously. Just not sure what pre-Sundering changes to the map ocurred after I quit playing, which was a couple years before 4e came out.

pukunui

Legend
Here's the 4e FR map.

Major changes:

*Much of the Old Empires were replaced with realms from Abeir
*Maztica was replaced with a continent called Returned Abeir
*Much of the Sea of Fallen Stars drained into the Underdark
*The Great Rift, home of the gold dwarves, got even bigger and was renamed the Underchasm
*Halruaa was completely destroyed
*The Netherese turned Anauroch into fertile land again
*Lantan and Luiren sank
*Chult became an island

Silthen

First Post
Here's the 4e FR map.

Major changes:

*Much of the Old Empires were replaced with realms from Abeir
*Maztica was replaced with a continent called Returned Abeir
*Much of the Sea of Fallen Stars drained into the Underdark
*The Great Rift, home of the gold dwarves, got even bigger and was renamed the Underchasm
*Halruaa was completely destroyed
*The Netherese turned Anauroch into fertile land again
*Lantan and Luiren sank
*Chult became an island

Right, but I had read that the Sundering was supposed to reverse the changes created by the Spellplague and the merging of Abeir and Toril, that the map was returning to the state it was in before 4e. So, are there other non-Spellplague-related changes that have occurred to the geography that would still be present after the Sundering?

hawkeyefan

Legend
From what I've seen (my SCAG is being shipped so I have only seen the map online) the 5E terrain looks similar enough to the 3E terrain that you should be fine.

The locations seem to line up pretty well. What seems to have changed is the state the locations are in (Neverwinter after Hotenow erupts) and the roads, and some things like that.

I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure you can get by with the old map.

Remove ads

Remove ads