D&D General Mimics should be a viable PC option

Stonesnake

Explorer
Strangely, our Director of Game Design at Roll for Combat, Mark Seifter, has written a lengthy mimic race or species that will be released for 5e (and PF2) with our Year of Monsters product (along with doppelgangers, slimes, demons, and more!). Check it out here.

Mimic cover.jpg

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I've always thought that Dungeons and Dragons needed a dragon PC race and a Dungeon PC race.

My first thought for a Dungeon race was a race that is a mix of Mimic, Beholder, and Humaniod.

A one eyed humanoid with camouflage and shapeshifting limbs.

Croesus

Adventurer
Slightly off-topic:

When I ran Dragon of Icespire Peak, the party encountered a mimic that was feasting on some locals. Instead of kiling it, they convinced the mimic to come with them. They promised it food so long as it didn't eat anyone and it agreed. At first, they kept it in their room in the inn, but the inn's owner got a bit apoplectic when one of the maids walked in while it was chowing down on dinner. Fortunately, they had a good relationship with the guy in Tressendar Manor, so they got him to keep it after the incident with the maid. There was discussion of turning it into a sidekick, but that base 10' speed just didn't work.

Still, they helped the locals, and for the relatively low cost of frequent slabs of beef they ended up with a really good guard for their stuff whenever they were away.

Weiley31

Legend
Strangely, our Director of Game Design at Roll for Combat, Mark Seifter, has written a lengthy mimic race or species that will be released for 5e (and PF2) with our Year of Monsters product (along with doppelgangers, slimes, demons, and more!). Check it out here.

View attachment 272110

I'm: intrigued.

Remove ads