MiPS Lost Mine [IC]

Axel

First Post
Ivan fixed Leonan with a state. "When you tell this story, it would be wise for you to have my parts played by another."

After a moment, he begins pacing up and down along the stream, sucking his cheeks in and absently fiddling with the frayed ends of his clothes.

"Ediccus, is the old fellow still in possession of his wits? Does Gundren still live?" Ivan asked. "We must have answers!"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"As to that, Ivan, he may tell us the answers he has for us when he comes around to full awareness again," Eddicus replies.

"I suggest we rest here for now: Vottr should wake up in an hour or two -- or three, or four. Then we can return to the Triboar Trail and reclaim our beasts and our wagon. That won't subsititute for a good night's rest, of course."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Ivan fixed Leonan with a state. "When you tell this story, it would be wise for you to have my parts played by another."

"I still don't know your name, good sir. Even better, I don't know your story...so no danger of me getting true account of you, unless you choose to tell me a story.

If you don't, I'll tell my story...so you'll likely be another face in the group of saviours."

Noticing Ivans fiddling with his cloak.
"If you allow me, I can repair your cloak. Consider it a token of my gratitude for saving me until such time I can properly reward you. Or I can aid you in your search. As you noticed, I speak goblin and know their traditions."

OOC: I hope the state Leonan is fixed with is removable one and not some eternal curse :p

mips42

Adventurer
As Leonan heads into the cave to retrieve his things, the others tend to Vottr, finally awakening him, though he is still quite groggy.
Leonan[sblock] inside the cave is a scurry of activity as the goblins scamper to and fro gathering their things. In the cave where you spent the last week you see the two crude cages and, nearby, your personal effects.[/sblock]
Sildar is battered but still barely concious and, in a hoarse voice says 'Durn goblins jumped us. Hope you got the little beggars. Where's Gundren and Dougal? Ye find them?''

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"We were hoping you could tell us where Gundren was," Eddicus replies.

"Were you traveling mounted? Could Gundren or Dougal get away on their mounts? We haven't been as far as Phandalin yet, so we don't know whether they're there."

mips42

Adventurer
'Aye,' he replied weakly. 'We were all on horses. Blasted goblins attacked us, killed the horses and hauled us off of em afore they was done bleeding. We all fought hard and they was both still fighting when I got clonked on the head. I dunno where they are, only that they're not here.'

tuxgeo

Adventurer
"That," Eddicus surmised, "seems to indicate -- what? A couple of thoughts occur to me: for one, the goblins might have retreated from the ambush, taking the one captive whom they had already secured, leaving Gundren and Dougal at liberty to hike to Phandalin; or, for the other thought, maybe we should scour this goblin lair after it is fully vacated, to see whether there were any other holding pens where Gundren and Dougal might have been held."

Eddicus turns to the now almost fully awake Vottr and asks him his opinion on the subject.

Axel

First Post
The news does little to calm Ivan, who continues pacing and speaking, half to himself and half to the group.

"I could accept goblin banditry, out here. That would just be ill fortune. But goblin bandits taking prisoners? Especially old men like Sildar here... That hints at a deeper meaning. Someone, or something, is guiding the attack. News has leaked out, and Gundren is wanted."

Ivan pauses, looking grim, before a realisation hits him. "The goblins do not know who Gundren is, from the three travelling. He may have escaped and live still. "

"You!" Ivan says, almost seizing Leonan's shirt in agitation, with a manic gleam in his eye. "Never mind my shirt. Ask your goblin friends where the other two they attacked are. It is more important than you can know, just yet!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Easy there, friend!"
Leonan steps back, brushing Ivans hands off.
"You don't have to shout. Nor manhandle me. You didn't even bother to introduce yourself!"
The bard walks back toward the cave, hoping to catch Yeemik before he goes.
"I'll ask the chief, you think on what you will say when I get back."
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], anything?

Remove ads