• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mirashi slays Shard...and Kith as well!!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Coming to a stop, Shard speaks clearly and strongly while the last of her tears run down her cheeks and fall to the ground of the cemetary. Like a priest in the temple, Shard speaks with utter conviction.

"'They' were bandits and rapists who captured us when we were together and hurt us because we couldn't defend ourselves. It was then that we decided to learn how to fight and protect ourself. After that, we split up for safety's sake and I carried the pain of what happened with me. The pain, and the responsibility to make sure it could never happen again. I failed and I would rather die than face the consequences of what that failure could bring upon us again. You want to help me Mirashi? Then put me out of my misery.

With the violence of her mind silenced for a short time, Shard bows her head and waits for the judgement that will free her.

The spear speaks from the temple; silences the violence of the mind!

Last edited:

Sabaron

First Post
"I... see... now. You were tired of being helpless and chose the path of the warrior instead. Fool, did you ever realize the consequences of this action! A warrior can be defeated, and when a warrior is defeated, he is entirely at the mercy of his foe, as you will be at my mercy shortly. If you wanted to be safe, you should have entered a convent or perhaps the service of the emperor, as no one would hurt you there! Don't expect mercy or compassion from one such as myself; I have killed people for money and I feel no remorse for my actions. Unless you rally yourself, woman, you will be another notch on my belt!"

"You still don't know the grave danger you're in, do you? Do you know what the afterlife is like, Shard? I do not, and I don't wish to find out. Do you? The rumors and legends I have heard have all described it as a dreary place, filled with unending pain! What have you experienced in your life?"

"Have you ever had a best friend, Shard? A lover? A spouse? The finest food in the Emperor's palace? Scaled a mountain? Smelled the scent of the Grand Lotus, which blooms once every 50 years? Had someone's lifeblood run out over your hands? Partaken of the finest opium? Had a deep conversation with a Zen monk? Seen the sunrise from the middle of the ocean, with no land for 1,000 miles around you? Had a child? What do you know of life? You are so young! I am 65 years old... I have seen and felt all of these things in my travels thoroughout the world. Should I die tomorrow, I can die satisfied, though my mission here is not complete. Can you say the same, Shard?"

While he speaks with Shard, he continues to fence with her, while dodging the attacks of the lovely young woman.

The sword slashes the badlands; averts the efforts of the lily!

Darkwolf

First Post
"I thought I was witnessing a fight...not a tragedy. Two rather worthless defenses paired with a speech and a slashing move with a sword. Clearly the sword is better." A wolf pup joins the small pack next to Mirashi.

Point Mirashi!
4 flags Mirashi; 2 flags Shard

Darkwolf

First Post
Shard
<MeowthBot> 1: The kama swims from the pond; negates the pain of the rainbow!
<MeowthBot> 2: The wolf dominates the pond; defends against the motion of the willow!
<MeowthBot> 3: The ki-rin falls within the steppes; grasps the gaze of the bamboo!
<MeowthBot> 4: The turtle shatters the castle; silences the violence of the ki!
<MeowthBot> 5: The needle appears close to the river when it fluidly storms the orchid; defends against the thrust of the willow!

Mirashi
<MeowthBot> 1: The phoenix rides above the steppes; protects against the blood of the heart!
<MeowthBot> 2: The spear illuminates the canyon; shreds the speed of the leaf!
<MeowthBot> 3: The mongoose appears higher than the river; silences the chaos of the rosewood!
<MeowthBot> 4: The cherry blossom assails the village; dances in the midst of the rolling of the flame!
<MeowthBot> 5: The jaguar drops next to the palace; dodges the slash of the fortress!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Shard gets mad again and delivers a shattering blow to Mirashi!

"Silence! Don't lecture me on the joys of life unseen and don't patronize me either. So what if your choices would be different than mine in life. Wishing cannot fix what has become of this life and it will never put the pieces back together like they once were. Do I know my GRAVE danger? How could I not? I am tired of living in the shadow of that danger and I will either emerge from it or be consumed by it."

The turtle shatters the castle; silences the violence of the ki!

ooc: Dang it! My timing is off. For some reason I thought this was a 4-flag match instead of 5. I didn't think I was gonna get another chance after that last hand and wrote as if the end was already determined. Talk about screwing up on my part!

Another question, does Meowthbot ever generate *Yen* moves? I have played several fights using judge genned Meowthbot moves and I don't recall a single Yen move for me or an opponent in any of the multiple hands per fight? Isn't this a little unusual? What is the percentage supposed to be for a Yen move to come up?

Sabaron

First Post
Mirashi attempts to dodge the infuriated woman's desperate strike at him, as he drops out of sight. Shard turns around and sees him standing behind her.

"You grow angry with me because I attempt to rekindle hope in your shattered soul? You foolishly speak to an old man of the nearness of Death? I am an assassin; I have skirted Death a thousand times! Death lurks behind me, as I feed him well."

"I am beginning to tire of your prattle, woman. For a time, you awakened long-forgotten emotions inside of me. Things like pity, charity and hope. You have shown me now that you deserve none of them. You are too wounded for that. You lack strength, vitality, and will."

Mirashi sneers.

"Weakness is punishable by death. I shall carry out that sentence, and I shall never look back."

"The only way to live life is to be strong, or else it consumes you."

The jaguar drops next to the palace; dodges the slash of the fortress!

ooc: MeowthBot does indeed generate *yen* moves; you've just been astoundingly unlucky. Check Darkwolf vs. Ariel to see a MB *yen* move.

Last edited:

Darkwolf

First Post
Alpha studies the moves. "Mirashi's defense is quite strong..and a falling jaguar could hurt if it landed on somone." Another wolf moves over next to the ones near Mirashi. They start to howl!

Point and match Mirashi!

Time for the death scene...

Sabaron

First Post
"Never have I slain one such as you, Shard. Those whom I have slain have always been either threatening my life, or I have been paid to kill them."

"I give you an option, Shard. Die here, or become a nun, and meditate on life until you wish to live again. Choose, and know that I shall honor your choice. If you choose death, I shall relish this new experience, killing someone whom I now enjoy the company of. If you choose life, then I shall be glad, as I have grown fond of you during this little exchange, and would speak with you again."

Mirashi draws his poisoned dagger and awaits Shard's reply.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Shard cringes at the howl of the wolves, but then stands straight as Mirashi speaks to her. Walking up to him, she bows and says,

"I said that I would find victory or death in this battle. That choice was not a fleeting one and I am prepared. May the ancestors have mercy on the tattered remnants of my soul."

Sabaron

First Post
Mirashi takes out a small rag and cleans the poison off his blade.

"I wish for you to appreciate life, and if you do not wish to live, I shall give you time... until the sun goes down. This will hurt, but you will not die until then."

With one quick motion, Mirashi thrusts his dagger into Shard's gut. As she falls to the ground, Mirashi kneels beside her, whispering into her ear.

"Woman, I felt passion for you. I have not felt passion in a long time, and you forced me to kill you. Know this as you die: the last remnants of my humanity die with you. I give myself wholly to the Darkness now..."

"I shall sit with you as you die. Speak with me if you wish. If not, then I will simply watch as Death takes your body and your soul. I do not relish this, as I thought I would, but feel only sadness and pity now. I shall expunge these emotions from my soul when I am finished with you."

"What you have done today is more evil then anything those robbers and bandits ever did."

Remove ads