• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mirashi slays Shard...and Kith as well!!

Phoenix8008

First Post
Shard falls to the ground, bleeding out slowly as the sun falls from the sky. Near sunset, she knows that the end is finally near.

“At last I shall find peace. Oh, the pain!” *cough*

*cough* “What is happening!? How did I get injured like this? Why am I so weak?”

“What!? I hear you but cannot see you. I feel you also…INSIDE ME! I feel you in my mind…OUR mind! Ahhhh, I understand now as our memories come together again. We were split apart and created by the hurt and pain that drove me to this last act of evil.

You are Kith, and I am Shard, and we are dying, innocent one. You did not remember our pain but I did and I promise that after this, we will suffer no more pain. I could not protect us, but now it matters not.”

“Protect us? But I was a good fighter, I could have protected us!! I cannot die, what will become of my students? My dojo!?” *cough, cough*

“Then all my pain was wasted, and my anger spent for nothing. I envy you the freedom from memory and pain that you had, Kith. Perhaps it was just me that should not have existed. You do not deserve this burden Kith and neither does Mirashi, but it is too late to reverse this course now.” *cough! cough!*

“Mirashi, please do me one service. * cough! * “Take word of my passing to my students in the glade.” * cough! * “I do not wish them to think that I have abandoned them. Tell them I’m sorry.” * cough! * “Have you no one to say farewell to, Shard?”

“There is none who will care about my passing more that Mirashi here.” * Aackk! *

“Then we can only hope that our parents will meet us in the afterlife. Perhaps we can find father under his waterfall or mother in her gardens. It is…all…that we …can hope for.”

“And more…than I… deserve…”

As the last breath leaves her body in a sigh, Shard and Kith perish together, leaving the land of Yberia on their uncertain journey into the afterlife.

ooc: Sabaron, sorry to dump a double load on your lap, but this was the way these characters existed in my mind from the beginning. I felt I had to be true to their origins as I had conceived of them. This included playing Shard’s anger and despair to the hilt as I felt was true to her character. Thanks for the good IC role-playing too! I liked that she finally made a connection with someone, too bad she had to die to do it.

For any other readers, I have no plans of quitting YB. I might take a little more time to come up with my next character concept(s?) though. May be gone this week, but I’ll be back I promise.

Last edited:

Darkwolf

First Post
Shard - Rest in peace...

Mirashi - you have vanquished your opponent, even if you truely did not want to do so. You advance to Thug 2.

Phoenix8008

First Post
In case there is some confusion (which appears to be the case based on Sabaron's post in the "Dojo of Nature's Fury and Harmony" thread), I wanted to clear up what I was trying to describe above.

Shard and Kith were not two people. They were split personalities in the same body due to a mental breakdown after being raped and beat by some bandits that caught them in the past. Therefore Mirashi going to the dojo and finding Kith's body there didn't make sense because she had died in front of him 'talking to herself'. Unless he was covering his tracks as a good assassin is wont to do, then I didn't understand that part. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

Lady Diamond

First Post
OOC: So, um. Shard is the body lying where Mirashi gutted her (yuck, that was nice to see, not), and there is no Kith 'cause she's Shard and Shard's dead where nobody can find her? Phoenix is this how you want it to end? Shard/Kith's body just "out there" where the scavs can feast? :(

Phoenix8008

First Post
Actually, if I understand rightly, Mirashi covered his tracks by taking Kith/Shard's body and sneaking it back into the dojo. He then snuck out and returned 'with distressing news' only to 'find' her dead in her room. So Kith/Shard's body was at the dojo where Vanor took it to put on the funeral pyre. Nobody would know or care if 'Shard' disapeared. So as long as 'Kith' is accounted for, then nobody is the wiser.

Last edited:

Remove ads