Misc Magic Item Creation Question

Xarlen

First Post
Okay, the priest in our party wants to create a magical item.

A pendant with a permenant 'Bless' spell cast on it. His arguement is that his Flail is blessed, considering that it's a +1, and that there are Prayer Beads which allow it, not to mention that it can be done on Jewelry and Rings.

So, is it possible? Just cast Bless and make it a permenant effect, for the sole character? What'd be the cost to do that?

Thanee

First Post
By the book, a permanent always on 1st level spell costs 2000 gp, if it uses up a slot (like ring of jumping).

This item would grant +1 to attack rolls and +1 to saving throws vs fear.

I'd say 2000 gp would be appropriate.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Larcen

Explorer
Thanee said:
By the book, a permanent always on 1st level spell costs 2000 gp, if it uses up a slot (like ring of jumping).

This item would grant +1 to attack rolls and +1 to saving throws vs fear.

I'd say 2000 gp would be appropriate.

Bye
Thanee

A mere 2000 gps for a perm 1st level spell on an item? Wow, I am commissioning me a Shield pendant. VERY nice..... :D

Crothian

First Post
As always those are just guidelines. I think 2000 is about right for a pendant of bless. He'll still need to use the item to bless something, but allowing it to be used as often as he wanyts should not be too big of a problem.

Xarlen

First Post
Wait, no, I mean that it always has the function happening.

As long as the character has it on, it gives teh chara a +1 to attacks and saves Vs. Fear.

Right?

kreynolds

First Post
Xarlen said:
Wait, no, I mean that it always has the function happening.

As long as the character has it on, it gives teh chara a +1 to attacks and saves Vs. Fear.

Right?

No, Bless affects all of your allies, but not you.

Yes, all of your allies within 50ft. would always have +1 to attacks and saves vs. fear.

I would charge roughly...20,000gp, maybe more.

Last edited:

Xarlen

First Post
Okay...

Then, I have to wonder how to do this.

Considering the cleric is 9th level, if he does make a permenant item, then he'd likely use Divine Favor, then. Which would give +3 to Attack and Damage.

For this to be an Always effect, for a necklace Item... Wouldn't that be a tad unbalancing?

Then again, there are Gloves of Strenght +4 which cost 8,000, and this offers one less for attack and damage, and doesn't take up that slot, also would be 6,000 less. Then again, he's making it, so the cost would be less, then if he bought it for her.

I'm thinking it would be easier simply to make the item One use per day, which should clear it up.

Last edited:

Dr. Zoom

First Post
kreynolds said:
No, Bless affects all of your allies, but not you.
I have always considered the caster his own ally. When the cleric in my group casts Bless, he gets the +1, too. Is this wrong?

Edit: Just checked the D&D FAQ and the sage says this regarding the Bless spell's area entry on page 46:
The bless spell's Area entry should read: "The caster and all allies within a 50-foot burst, centered on the caster."

Last edited:

kreynolds

First Post
Dr. Zoom said:
Is this wrong?

Yes. Otherwise, the spell descriptor would say "You and all allies within 50 ft." or "Caster and all allies within 50 ft." or "Self and all allies within 50 ft."

Last edited:

Remove ads