Missiles in melee combat

ShinRyuuBR

First Post
I think the reason why rangers and warlocks get Prime Shot is exactly as an inverted Precise Shot: if you are closest to the target than any ally, you get a +1 to hit, instead of getting a penalty if there is a closer ally.

Zetesofos

Explorer
I think the reason why rangers and warlocks get Prime Shot is exactly as an inverted Precise Shot: if you are closest to the target than any ally, you get a +1 to hit, instead of getting a penalty if there is a closer ally.

That's a really good point, I never really thought of that feature in that matter, but it makes perfect sense now. And it fits with 4th editions motto of giving players MORE options, not penalties.

Verdande

First Post
Allies give cover to their allies. So if you fire into a group, and you are trying to hit a target that is behind another enemy, your target has cover. So yes, there is sometimes a penalty.

Now this seems entirely reasonable, especially since it works both ways. You can't shoot past the paladin in plate to massacre the wizard, and you can't shoot past the orc to kill the orc shaman.

Remove ads