Mithral shirt

Darklone

Houserules?

If we start discussing houserules here...

My mithral chainshirts count as NO armour. It's kinda underwear (ask Frodo!)

Medium armours: mine give DR1/-
Heavy armours: Similar DR2/-

as for AC bonus +1 ... ask my players if they want it!

trentonjoe

Explorer
Re: Houserules?

Darklone said:
I
Medium armours: mine give DR1/-
Heavy armours: Similar DR2/-

as for AC bonus +1 ... ask my players if they want it!

THese were the old rules for field plate and full plate in the Unearthed Arcana. I always liked them. Never used them but idid like them.

DO you have a system for the damage of armors?
For example, after the chain mail absorbs x amount of damage it needs to be repaired? Until it is fixed is has less 1 AC bonus and provides no DR?

drowdude

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mithral shirt

Darkness said:
I think he meant to ask whether medium gets +2 and heavy gets +2 again (i.e., +2 twice, or +4). :)

Oh...really....? ...uh, sorry? :p

In that case, the answer is no... medium and heavy armor both get a +2 bump in armor bonus.

Heavy doesnt get "double-bumped".

If anyone is interested, here is the thread that I posted my revisions to armor on...

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=961

Last edited:

Tony Vargas

Legend
The Mithril Shirt is only 'better' than Mithril Chainmail if you have a DEX in excess of 18. At 20 DEX, it's a toss up (AC 19). At DEX 22 it's better.

Then, there's Mithril Breastplates...

trentonjoe

Explorer
Tony Vargas said:
The Mithril Shirt is only 'better' than Mithril Chainmail if you have a DEX in excess of 18. At 20 DEX, it's a toss up (AC 19). At DEX 22 it's better.

Then, there's Mithril Breastplates...
[/QUOT

The Chain Shirt is the better option for arcane spellcasters or thieves. There's a 10% less chance for spell failure and the chain mail has a -2 more to armor check penalty. If either of those things are important to you, you are better off with the shirt. In addition to that, if either of those things are important to you you probably have and/or have the ability to have a dex above 18.

Mithral chainmail, atleast I think, is worthless. The 20% spell failure is to high and a mere +5 to AC isn't that good.

Just my opinion.

drowdude

First Post
It seems to me that the chain shirt is a better choice for just about any character. Especially when compared to virtually any sort of medium armor.

Especially when you consider the issue of medium armor's effect on your character's base move, and we all know how important tactical speed is.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I agree that medium armor is weak in 3E. Now all someone needs to do is:

* Start a poll on the General Discussion forum: "weaker than light", "balanced", "more powerful than light", or "other"
* Start a thread on the Rules forum: "Medium armor got the shaft!"

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Dwarven Plate should have a +8 armor bonus, +3 max Dex bonus, -3 armor check penalty, and weigh half as much as normal full plate; it should cost 10,500 gp. Does this match the description or not?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Wolf72 said:
are the stats for Dwarfen Fullplate correct? (I don't think so)

The check penalty for a mithral fullplate should be -3 instead of -4. Well, assuming dwarven plate are as good as Mithral Fullplate crafted by humans, of course. We all know how clumsy dwarves can be when working with metal.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases