D&D 5E MM Preview: Cambion

Tormyr

Adventurer
SIte is down. This is what happens when you let a cambion loose without the proper safeguards.

Edit: Whew. It's back up quickly. Remember people. Always practice safe containment methods when dealing with monsters out of the MM.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Cambian-36.jpg
For those with filters

Boarstorm

First Post
Interesting.

Not super scary (excepting Fiendish Charm), but about what you'd expect. I feel like scale mail is an odd choice given its stealth proficiency, when studded leather yields the same AC without the disadvantage.

Although there's something to be said for the more menacing mental image of scale mail.

mips42

Adventurer
I hate to say it, but that's some sexy art. I like it a lot. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be that there's no depiction of the male version. Even if you just saw a face and, like, an arm.
Oh well, still good.

Paraxis

Explorer
Yeah I would use spiked/studded leather armor and a shield for an AC of 21 and no penalty to stealth rolls too.

I can see this as the big boss for a low level adventure, a cambion is a small towns religious leader getting them to do all kinds of things that cause strife but seem like good ideas, one of these things has stirred up a group of monsters in the nearby woods, the cambion hires the PC's to deal with that, and fun happens.

Eventually the party comes to understand not all is as it seems in the town and has to figure out what the deal is.

Xantherion

First Post
Awesome, Graz'zt was mentioned. He is one of my favorites. I really hope at some point down the road they put out an official book with the classic arch-devil, demon lords, etc..... in it. I really like this edition and want to have more of that old 1e vibe.

Shemeska

Adventurer
This is pretty cool. The artwork is nice, I like the absence of gigantic brow-ridge horns in favor of something more subtle.

However I do wish that they would have stayed faithful to earlier lore that presented cambions as a title exclusively for demon-blooded half-fiends, rather than extending that to devils and others as well. Would have been cool to see a mention of alu-fiends as well.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I hate to say it, but that's some sexy art. I like it a lot. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be that there's no depiction of the male version. Even if you just saw a face and, like, an arm.
Oh well, still good.

I thought that was the male version. The, uh, lumps on the chest look lke part of the armor.

Psyga315

Explorer
I like the headings and how they are similar to the Race headings when you read up on a Race...

Makes me think if they'll become a Race, like how you had the "Monsters As PCs" section.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases