• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

Also, the Feature doesn't turn off if you don't spend a free action to maintain it.
Upgrading Morph to Continuous adds +1/rank to the cost.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. A good point. Just one more point. Might be interesting if the spell DID wear off though, if she got knocked out. More dangerous, but maybe more interesting?

I'll think on that.

Quickleaf

Legend
I see a great amount of effort here! The powers are interesting and full of "Kung fu flavor".
However I can see without even running numbers yet that there would be some balance issues in gameplay. Mostly NOT in favour of your character.
With permission I can tweak the build and make him more cost efficient and bring him in like with his peers in the martial arts realm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

Absolutely, you can tweak my updated build! I'm new to M&M and really don't know what I'm doing :)

EDIT: As a martial arts student and kung-fu movie fan, I tried to base all the powers on something...

Eyes of the Jade Tiger is based on the sixth sense / seeing without seeing.

Grasshopper Step / Wire-Fu is based on wuxia in the movies.

Iron Shirt Chi Gung is based on the real-world practice by the same name, often demonstrated by Shaolin monks.

Boot to the Head is based on the Frantics' "Boot to the Head" comedy skit.

Breaking Blow is based on Bruce Lee's one-inch punch which drew upon internal Fa Jin energy.

Dim Mak is based on many legends of the Touch of Death, especially old White Lotus movies where it's called Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

Nine Palms Diagram is based on the Eight Diagram Palm of Baguazhang, a martial arts style based on constantly changing palm poses and whirling techniques.

Forced Astral Projection is based on that scene in Dr. Strange where the Ancient One strikes him out of his body.

Grandfather of Flowers Staff is a homage to anime and bad kung-fu movies with cursed objects and frenzied martial artists. Also a homage to the old AD&D monk class title "Grandmaster of Flowers."

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
I can't find a great pic of what I imagine the Widower too look like but probably a combination of these two :D
Widower2.jpg
Widower.jpg

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, last minute tweaks!

First, going with Hex. Then her book is offically named 'Grim' now, which the Grimoire takes with a certain ill-humor. :)

I removed the Artificer advantage from Hex (Grim still has it) and used the point to add Continuous duration to her costume morph. There's already several ways to defeat it (by touch, via a Nullify, etc) so I wanted to make it a bit more durable.

Quickleaf

Legend
Okay, last minute tweaks!

First, going with Hex. Then her book is offically named 'Grim' now, which the Grimoire takes with a certain ill-humor. :)

I removed the Artificer advantage from Hex (Grim still has it) and used the point to add Continuous duration to her costume morph. There's already several ways to defeat it (by touch, via a Nullify, etc) so I wanted to make it a bit more durable.

[video=youtube;ml1uwBDt66M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml1uwBDt66M[/video]

Grim?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads