• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

Shayuri

First Post
That'd probably be you power stunting a Nullify.

And yeah, you could try. It might not work though. :(

Don't get me wrong. We can't completely negate risk here, I know that. Just trying to keep it as controllable as possible. The more we leave up to Fire Guy (who's abilities we don't know), the more risk we have.

I think our best bet is to find a way to get a message to them, and try to evac them via a Teleport Attack. Not sure who's better suited to do the teleport. I'd say offhand, whoever's array has more points in it, so we can pack more power ranks into it. :)

tglassy

Adventurer
My array is 24 points. After I get my first Power Point, I'll be adding a teleport to the array. And eventually adding all kinds of movement powers, like time travel, dimensional travel, space travel (teleport to distant planets). I has lots of plans for him.

Oh, you know what? A time bubble. Manipulating gravity should also feasibly allow manipulation of time, so if I power stunted the Time Freeze power, from the Time Powers supplement, then I could put him in a bubble where his time is stopped. It'd be an affliction, dazed, stunned, then incapacitated. Resisted by will. I could put 12 ranks into it, but I'd have to touch him. 8 ranks to make it ranged. Thats probably the best way Hawk can contribute. If we freeze him, it'll give Hex time to get them out.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
Unless he resisted it, yeah. :( It also doesn't stop the other guards from shooting the hostages.

Hex has 30 points in her array. So maybe she devises the teleport effect, and y'all can saturation-bomb the fire guy once the people are out?

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, good deal. I didn't want to assume you could do it, but I was hoping you could. :)

So the bare bones plan:

Astral contacts the minds of the hostages and secures their cooperation. Hex will tell her what to tell them what to expect, and let them know they need to let it happen even though it may seem scary or dangerous.

Hex will then power stunt the Thunder Road teleportation spell to a Perception-based Selective Area Attack. Base cost would be 5pp/rank, so I could only squeeze a rank 6 effect out of it. That means I can only teleport them up to 900 feet. Should be enough to get them out of the building and into friendly hands.

Meanwhile, an offensive should be planned. The rest of you guys can get into position to strike the moment the teleport goes off, potentially getting a nice juicy surprise round in. Tglassy, this might be a good point for you to stunt a group teleport IN. Hostages vanish, heroes appear...all at about the same time. Mayhem ensues. :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes I like it... teleport hostages out at the same time as other teleport the rest of the heroes in. We go for the fire guy and Nazi's first just to make sure they can't interfere with the hostage escape plan...

IF Rebel with a sword is magical we want to make sure he does not do something to counter the plan

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, well, speed is of the essence. We already lost surprise, but he doesn't necessarily know what we're planning to do. He just knows there was someone watching him.

hero4hire

Explorer
Alrighty. So the plan is Hex gets into LOS of the hostages. Astral "telepaths" them to not resist. Hex stunt teleport "attacks" them.
Hawk stunt teleports everyone in. Everyone else attempts to curbstomp the flame guy and the floor gunmen before they can react.

If everyone is good with this I just need details of how Hex wants to get into position to Perception attack the Hostages.

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads