• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk Paragon Path: Drunken Master

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Thank you! Off the top of my head, I can't think of them, but I know there are paragon paths that grant feats at level 11. The growth is just natural progression, and plenty of paragon paths update something (even if not a feat) at the epic tier.

* I'll update that movement technique and consider it a duh mistake, lol.

* Even at-will, Staggering movement is still only once per round, if you have a creature next to you, if you're missed, if you haven't already used an immediate action of some sort. It's good, but I feel confident in saying it's not too good.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Sounds good!

Love the work and thought. Thanks again.

I will be watching this thread with great enthusiasm. I am looking for a Drunken Master PP and I am very happy with this. =)

Fridayknight

First Post
Hi,

Maybe you could change 'melee basic' to just 'basic attack' so that it works like the people still try to shoot at you but hit others? Anyways, this is really cool.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
Do you mean for the Drunken Boxer Attack? I modeled it after Celestial Drunken Boxer (Monk attack 27) and making a basic attack considering the power's description wouldn't make sense in context.

If you mean the utility, it's just melee or ranged attack. No basic, so any melee or ranged power that misses you goes after something adjacent to you instead.

FreeXenon

Staggering Movement - and interesting option with this is that it is not limited to redirecting to enemies, so you could redirect the miss to attack an ally which may find some use. I am not sure what use yet, but there must be some situations where that could be really useful.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I also specifically worded it so that you are no longer the attack's target. A fighter mc Monk could use the utility and get an opportunity attack from his combat superiority. Like Jackie Chan pulling the guy's arm to hit his (comedy relief) ally behind him so he can get a punch in.

FreeXenon

You sneaky Mr. malcom_n!

Fighter is exactly what I was thinking, but not sure how to take advantage of it... very kewl!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads