• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Monk stuff (longish post)

Aribar

First Post
Seems like you have the setup for a cool idea right in the opening post. If you're using stuff like Greek gods, why not say your character's a demigod (whether she knows it or not)? She's may not be skilled, but just so damned strong that normal weapons crumble in her hands, so she just uses her hands! Maybe a Four Elements monk could be a child of Posiden or Ares or something, or the shadow monk could be related to Hades or Loki.

Minsc

Explorer
On a tangent: Dark Earth at N&N? The list of pantheons is rather specific.

Yup!

Specific, how? Is there a section that has a focus on monks? Obsidian Portal is a bit tough to navigate on a phone, which is unfortunately my only option unless I go to a library.

Last edited:

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Yup!

Specific, how? Is there a section that has a focus on monks? Obsidian Portal is a bit tough to navigate on a phone, which is unfortunately my only option unless I go to a library.

Not in a bad way, just Egyptian+Greek+Celtic+Japanese+others is an unusualy mix of cultures and pantheons for a game, rather distinctive.

BTW, kudos for researching and coming up with a reasonable marriage of the cultures and mechanics for your character concept.

famousringo

First Post
Too bad it's point buy. In your place, I'd be tempted to take the Grappler feat and make a proper Greek wrestler, but monks already need too many stats for point buy without throwing STR into the mix.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads