Monkey's Monster Madness! (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Listen check (1d20+8=12)

OOC: Uthar gets a surprise round on the bats before regular combat begins. He can take one move action or one standard action.

The room is a 25 foot square with a 5 foot wide catwalk hugging the perimeter of the room. The center of the room is an open shaft descending down to the bottom of the tower (30 feet down), with the huge bell dangling from the cieling, a rope attached to the bottom of the bell leading down to the bottom floor.

OOC: Uthar needs to make a Spot check to pinpoint the location of the bats.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Thorgrim harrumphed and mounted the heavy axe on his broad, mail clad shoulder. "Well so much fer cuddling them critters, aye nature lad? Ye'd best go now an' try ta save the special one 'afore we gut it, all accidentally like."

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
OOC: Uthar's Spot check: 19. Need to know where the marked bat is and how far away it is; and if he could even reach it given the big shaft in the middle of the room.
1d20+3=19

renau1g

First Post
As they are waiting for Uthar's investigation, Jerak pulls out a scroll from his pouch and whispers to Thorgrim, "At least give him a chance to work, if he can't get it done I've got enough spells at my disposal to capture it alive. Just don't go chopping everything in sight". Jerak's anxiousness is obvious, as he furls and unfurls the scroll and tapping his feet.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Uthar sees the marked bat amongst the other bats hanging upside from the ceiling, resting, just above the massive bell in the center of the room. They could probably be hit by ranged weapons but they are out of reach of melee weapons (except weapons with Reach).

Arkhandus

First Post
Uthar spots the marked bat, but silently curses about it being well out of reach. He creeps back down and says quietly "No good, it's hangin' o'er the bell. We'd need t' shoot it down or somethin'. So do yer magic thing, gnome, not tha' I expect it'll do any good. We 'ave t' git that bat away from there, else it'll fall an' die if we jes' shoot it down. Prolly means we gotta spook the bats an' git 'em t' fly within reach."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Thorgrim was obviously bored with the situation, as he exhaled loudly and shook his head. "By Moradin's hammer, what is all the fuss o'er some flying mice? I say we let threehugger boy 'ere call the marked one, an' then we kill the others if they be nice enough ta come down from the bloody ceiling!"

Voadam

Legend
"Lead on and point me out the right one and I'll charm him into my hand. Throgrim, you might want to pull out that blanket, it'd make a great net. Once I do my spells we'll rap the side o the bell gentle like, enough to waken but not spook em."

Josea will proceed with Uthar, cast speak with animals before entering then once Uthar points out the bat, Josea will cast charm animal upon it. Once we gently awaken them he will try to talk the charmed one to come on down to safety with me as bat hunters are coming. Wild empathy is a backup if the charm does not catch.

Arkhandus

First Post
Uthar leads the gnome up to the belfry and points out the marked bat. He tries to be about as quiet as last time.

OOC: Taking 10 on the Move Silently this time up, for 15. And how did you expect to gently wake them, O clever gnome? With the noise of your spell incantation?

Remove ads