Monster Manual Errata

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
green slime said:
This game is completely unplayable at the moment, given the amount of faulty errata.

That's odd. A huge number of us have been playing highly satisfactory games for many months, even with the ocasional faulty errata. Please sir, tell us how it is we have been so gravely mistaken. We must be making some grevious errors, to be actually having fun playing an "unplayable" game...

green slime

First Post
Umbran said:

That's odd. A huge number of us have been playing highly satisfactory games for many months, even with the ocasional faulty errata. Please sir, tell us how it is we have been so gravely mistaken. We must be making some grevious errors, to be actually having fun playing an "unplayable" game...

LOL

Ever hear of IRONY? I was posting regarding a certain other's RANT.

rankarrog

First Post
Or what about the following:
"p. 218, col. 2, Replace existing text with the following:
Feats: Same as the character. When in hybrid or animal form, the lycanthrope gains any feats a normal animal of its form has. A natural lycanthrope has the Improved Control Shape feat as a bonus feat (see the sidebar). Lycanthropes in hybrid or animal form have additional feats as set out in the table below."

Besides they have included the sentence "A natural", theres still no sidebar which describes this feat, D'oh :)

I wonder who gets paid for this work ;D

dcollins

Explorer
JLXC said:
/Rant On/
You, would get fired if we did a report or some such with such a slew of errors... but some people have the gall to suggest "it's normal in the business". My ass it is. It's unprofessional and pathetic all in one. Seriously, the "proof reader" for this and many other things should immediately resign or be fired. You are NOT DOING YOUR JOB AT ALL. Why should anyone keep someone so incompetent on the payroll? Myabe if they fired some of these folks, the next folks in line would work harder to do it Right?
/Rant Off/

Well, frankly, it's occurred to me that they released (a) the Monster Manual errata and (b) a revised Official D&D FAQ at the same time, I believe 3 business days after all the firings last week, right? So it's quite possible that important people involved (compilers, editors, proofreaders) were in fact fired and shoved what they had on their desks out at the last minute as a noble gesture to the community.

Be careful what you wish for. I don't think WOTC's in the position to re-fill in any proofreader positions that they may be cutting at the moment.

Forrester

First Post
Bumpity-bump-bump

Any other additions? Is someone writin' all of these down? :)

I think there were more in the General Discussion Forum thread of a similar nature . . . going to have to hunt it down.

porch

First Post
Something needs to be done with shadows. Their ability to reduce your hp to your str score is ridiculously munchkin, especially considering they only need a melee touch attack to hit.

Either their CR needs to raised, or some of their abilities curbed. I dunno, just my opinion.

Dreaddisease

First Post
As to the person who wrote about spending more time on movies compared to books because of the amount of population actually involved I must say this. Have you seen rollerball? Have you listened to the dialog in Star Wars Episode II? These are just awful (though I did like Episode II) and they had plenty of money and plenty of time to do it right. The idea of accuracy and refinement in our products is not a question of what we deserve but what they give us and what we buy up. Quality of product is something we must demand. I agree with the rant. Jobs should be on the line when it comes to quality. And yes I work in a the 'professional' world and have come across countless situations where acceptance of mediocre or all out awful work is the norm. Heck, the first person to create our companies website spelled pedestal 5 different ways on the same page. But when it comes to the actual deliverables from our company, quality is something that your job hangs on.

Demand quality products. I love the reviews on enworld because it is a response to their deliverables.

So rise up and demand more. And when they provide quality products (i.e. Manual of the Planes, Revised Star Wars Core Rules) then buy it up and support it. Believe me, the business world hears when you speak. You are the customer.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
Re: Re: Monster Manual Errata

EOL said:

Wow they still have a 17, at this point I may have to ask the sage what the rational for that is... Besides thier innate charm and good looks. :D

Errata from the Sage: A hill giant's charisma should be 7.

I guess they're not that charming... :D

Bonedagger

First Post
Re: D20 Owls

twjensen said:

D&D Owls have a supernatural version of the blowfish ability. They can poof themselves out from tiny to medium size by sucking in massive amounts of air. They use this ability to scare off predators. :D

Actually it is a defence against the owls natural enemie.. Big snakes. The owls special defence is activated instinctively whenever it becomes pinned. The result is often a lockdown between the snake and the owl. The snake can't swallow the owl but refuses to let go. Such a situation can last several days. Research show, however, that the position of the owls head can have an effect on the outcome. It also explains why the owls often try to get into a position where their heads turn away from the snake.

A sign of spring down south is often the spotting of flying featherballs. It is at this time when many young hatchling snakes will go out and try to hunt owls for their first time. Unfortunately the young snakes are not big enough to hold on to the owls. Since the owls uses a natural gas they produce to blow themself into a featherball, it also means that they will drift away without anything to hold them down. This is when the perfomer at the fair knows it is time. Soon the snakes will have reached the right size. That is when they are strong enough to hold on to the owls but not heavy enough to hold them down. The perfomer will now collect "featherballs" with the right size of snakes. He will then sell them to the children visiting the fair for 1 copperpiece per featherball. A child holding a featherball down by grasping the snakes tail is a sign of joy and celebration in many southern communities.

-Bonedagger

Last edited:

Remove ads