D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded II Second Edition News and Updates

What changes in the statblock? I know Proficiency Bonus is in the newer ones, but what else?
Presumably the new alignment guidelines, where "Typically" will be added to most alignments (maybe all, but fiends and celestials might be alignment locked - I guess we'll have to see as books are released on this), and "Any alignment" will be the default fo many humanoid creatures.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
What changes in the statblock? I know Proficiency Bonus is in the newer ones, but what else?

Presumably the new alignment guidelines, where "Typically" will be added to most alignments (maybe all, but fiends and celestials might be alignment locked - I guess we'll have to see as books are released on this), and "Any alignment" will be the default fo many humanoid creatures.

These plus the new Multiattack rephrasing for those with multiple claw attacks (when a creature attacks 3x with its bite and claw, you no longer can't say attacks three times: one with its bite and two with its claws; it needs to be stated as makes one bite attack and two claw attacks, so as not to make it confusing for creatures that have a Claw attack and those with Claws attacks), Capitalization of Bite/Claw/Weapon attacks, etc., Bonus Actions category, Spells moved into Actions, etc.

Høygoblin_Khan

I'm not the messiah, I'm just a very naughty boy!
I hope that the new WoTC sourcebook on dragons doesn't go too contrary to your well designed Dragons (Brown, Purple, Grey, etc) in the MME series.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
I hope that the new WoTC sourcebook on dragons doesn't go too contrary to your well designed Dragons (Brown, Purple, Grey, etc) in the MME series.

Thanks! But we'll see. Hopefully, I don't have to work too much to ensure the MME3 dragons are aligned with the latest versions.

Scottius

Adventurer
Happy to hear that MME3 met your milestone! It's a great book and I can't wait to have the physical copy. I look forward to seeing the updates to the existing books.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Monster Manual Expanded 2nd Edition Art Previews #1. As announced last month, I'll be updating MME1 with new art and statblocks. Every Thursday starting today I'll be sharing an artwork. Kicking it off is one that deserves their very own new artwork - the Aarakocras!

Aarokocra.png

Remove ads