D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded II Second Edition News and Updates

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Monster Manual Expanded II 2nd Edition (Update 1) is NOW AVAILABLE!!! Download your copies now!
And yes, that is a dire corby having a Yorick moment with a myconid.
😉

View attachment 263018
Such an upgrade to the Fiend Folio dire corby who was definitely not frightening.

Weiley31

Legend
Is this a creation of yours? I feel like I would remember "behir, but make it a black dragon" if it had been in a previous edition of D&D.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I think that's a different critter, Blackspawn Stalker vs a Blackspawn Crawler.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Is this a creation of yours? I feel like I would remember "behir, but make it a black dragon" if it had been in a previous edition of D&D.
Yes, haha. The stat block for this is in the original MME 2 but it never had an artwork. But I always had a mental idea of what it looked like, which was a giant centipede + black dragon. Finally gave it one. ;)

And yes, the idea spawned from the stalker. If there was a spider and black dragon, why not a centipede version.

Update 2.01 of Monster Manual Expanded II 2nd Edition has been released! You can download it now from DM's Guild! Again, this still isn't the final update. New artwork and editing are still being done. Enjoy!

View attachment 267181
Downloaded it and it looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

One suggestion - you could use "Monarch" instead of the clunky "King/Queen" for the monsters (and NPC Barbarians) of that type scattered throughout the book. They could still be referred to as "King or Queen" in descriptive text. I'm not sure it it's too late or if it would be too much work to do that at this point...

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Downloaded it and it looks great! Can't wait to see the finished product.

One suggestion - you could use "Monarch" instead of the clunky "King/Queen" for the monsters (and NPC Barbarians) of that type scattered throughout the book. They could still be referred to as "King or Queen" in descriptive text. I'm not sure it it's too late or if it would be too much work to do that at this point...

Ok, that actually sounds good. I'll consider doing that! Thank you for the suggestion!

Remove ads