Monsters/Rules List Compilation PDF

Adam72

First Post
A Marking Question

I saw how marking worked for the Paladin (if marked, Holy Strike gives +3 damage), but I couldn't see where marking does anything for any of the monsters. Hobgoblin Soldier, human guard, etc. mark their targets, but I do not see where any benefit of that is mentioned.

Thanks for the help,
Adam

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for the compilation... so... thanks!

Last edited:

ThirdWizard

First Post
xjermx said:
I'm not having any luck with the PDF - I can download it, but it won't open, and says that its damaged.. Just me?

It still works for me. I would try re-downloading it.

Adam72 said:
I saw how marking worked for the Paladin (if marked, Holy Strike gives +3 damage), but I couldn't see where marking does anything for any of the monsters. Hobgoblin Soldier, human guard, etc. mark their targets, but I do not see where any benefit of that is mentioned.

Marking has the generic effect of the marked target taking a -2 to all attacks that don't include the marker as a target.

The Human Target

Adventurer
Revinor said:
They do add correctly in most cases. Bonus given in stat blocks is (stat - 10)/2 + level/2 (both rounded to negative infinity). This bonus is used for any kind of stat checks. It seems that bonus for derived statistics (like damage) is still plain (stat-10)/2, without level component.

From quick look, Cha for gnoll marauder is off (should be +1 instead of +3), but most of the stats seem ok.

Okay, the first level PCs combined with the monsters had me all confused as to how it was going to work.

Its all making sense to me now, thanks!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I can't help wondering if there is something wrong about that Kobold Archer 'fragile confidence'.

As it is written there,

Fragile Confidence Shortbow +5 attack until attacked

and his normal Shortbow attack is +9.

But I would have expected that 'Fragile Confidence' would mean that his confidence is easily shattered, and so they would use their normal attack of +9 UNTIL they have been attacked, at WHICH POINT they go down to +5 attack.

Doesn't it make more sense that something with fragile confidence gets worse when its confidence is shaken by being attacked rather than getting better after being attacked ?

Kath

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
I can't help wondering if there is something wrong about that Kobold Archer 'fragile confidence'.

As it is written there,

Fragile Confidence Shortbow +5 attack until attacked

and his normal Shortbow attack is +9.

But I would have expected that 'Fragile Confidence' would mean that his confidence is easily shattered, and so they would use their normal attack of +9 UNTIL they have been attacked, at WHICH POINT they go down to +5 attack.

Doesn't it make more sense that something with fragile confidence gets worse when its confidence is shaken by being attacked rather than getting better after being attacked ?

I think it means that the kobold gets +5 to his shortbow attacks (above and beyond what's normal) until attacked, when he loses that bonus. Of course, the key question is whether the +9 includes the Fragile Confidence bonus (meaning he attacks at +9 until attacked, and +4 after that) or not (in which case he's got a whopping +14 to attack at first, later dropping to +9).

Remove ads