D&D 5E Monte Cook Games Announces "Path of the Planebreaker" for 5E

Monte Cook Games has announced a new 5E supplement book: Path of the Planebreaker! It describes new planes, creatures, races, subclasses, feats, and spells for D&D 5th Edition.

Monte Cook is no stranger to D&D plane-based material. He not only produced Beyond Countless Doorways for D&D 3E, but also wrote numerous Planescape supplements for TSR.

Path of the Planebreaker hits Kickstarter in October.

Planebreaker-Kickstarter-Project-Image-for-Signups-2021-09-16.jpg

Path of the Planebreaker is a sourcebook that brings the wonders, terrors, mysteries, and treasures of new, alternate worlds—plus the inexplicable Planebreaker, an ever-travelling moon—to 5th edition players and GMs. It includes:

Dozens of brand-new planes to explore and adventure in
A bestiary of planar creatures
Playable planar species for PCs
New planar class options for players including new subclasses
Exciting new feats and spells to help you explore these new planes
This gorgeously illustrated 192-page hardcover sourcebook gives you everything you need to add whole new dimensions to your 5e game.

Path of the Planebreaker is by legendary RPG designers Bruce R. Cordell, Sean K Reynolds, and Monte Cook. All three are well known for their work on D&D—across four editions—as well as titles such as Planescape, Arcana Evolved, Pathfinder, HeroClix, Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Ptolus, Numenera, the Cypher System, Invisible Sun, and so much more.

Don’t miss the Kickstarter this October—sign up to find out as soon as the Kickstarter launches! We’ll let you know when the project is live so you can download a free preview of Path of the Planebreaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyxen

Great Old One
Trying to reprise something so rich in depth and character as was Planescape is a dicey proposition at best. Grognards like myself who were there at the gaming table when Planescape was an ongoing phenomenon are not inclined to be very forgiving, so I genuinely hope they don't foul this up.

I hope so too, one of the difficulty being that it's not about single planes, but about the entire ecosystem of the planes of the Great Wheel plus sigil, at the base.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Trying to reprise something so rich in depth and character as was Planescape is a dicey proposition at best. Grognards like myself who were there at the gaming table when Planescape was an ongoing phenomenon are not inclined to be very forgiving, so I genuinely hope they don't foul this up.
Couldn't disagree more. Plenty of us older players are more than willing to see new takes on old ideas. I hope it ISN'T planescape.

Lyxen

Great Old One
Couldn't disagree more. Plenty of us older players are more than willing to see new takes on old ideas. I hope it ISN'T planescape.

Actually, I would agree with you, Planescape stands on its own and can be reused almost as is, I have done so already multiple times in 5e. But it would be nice if it was Planescape-compatible.

guachi

Hero
Have you checked out Ptolus? It is any amazing resource and has slotted into my homebrew world perfectly.

I finally got around to reading that massive Ptolus tome I got for the Kickstarter and it's excellent. I'd say there's actually too much stuff in there. Not the page count, specifically, but there's layer upon layer of bad guys and factions and STUFF.

I'm only about 100 pages in but I recommend it highly. Even if you don't play in that world there's so much there to mine for a campaign.

Iry

Hero
Monte has always been a somewhat controversial figure, but it's been long enough that I'm willing to give him another chance.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases