• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monte Cook's new Dungeonaday.com?

Nellisir

Hero
I just started playing these and I'm having so much fun. If you love dungeons but you haven't already played every one of them like DaveMage and Nellisir, I recommend this thread or this list where you can see reviews and find out which ones you'll like.

Just to be clear, I've never played a DCC adventure. I own a few, but I've never run one either. The only pre-written adventure/dungeon I ever ran was the very first one I ever ran, back in '91. I'd have to look it up in Dungeon - it was a pretty straightforward "you inherit a castle - just clear out the hobgoblins and their carnivorous ape". Everything from then on has been homebrew.

GodDelusion

First Post
Just purchased a quarterly subscription. If it is as good as Monte's past work, I'm not going to regret it at all. If the final Pathfinder RPG were out now, I could drag my son's group from 4e and start this dungeon crawl sooner...

avin

First Post
But how much of "wilderness" counts when the "wilderness" encounters basically boil down to that? Encounters?

First time on road fight kobolds.

Second time make perception check to not get ambushed by kobolds.

Third time fight kobolds in their caves.

I'm not seeing that as being significantly different than dungeon crawling just because it's outside.

Experience varies, for sure, I think the significant difference is the idea of the encounter, not its mechanic.

In my experience, being attacked by kobold on a road rings more *realistic* than fighting kobolds in a room and beholders in other.

That said, I think both styles are good and can provide fine diversion if well executed.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Are any other members having trouble posting in the forums? I've tried three times now, but when I hit the "submit" button, I go back to the thread, and my post hasn't appeared. It's rather frustrating.

boerngrim

Explorer
Just to be clear, I've never played a DCC adventure. I own a few, but I've never run one either. The only pre-written adventure/dungeon I ever ran was the very first one I ever ran, back in '91. I'd have to look it up in Dungeon - it was a pretty straightforward "you inherit a castle - just clear out the hobgoblins and their carnivorous ape". Everything from then on has been homebrew.

LOL I remember that adventure! I ran it for a 1st level party. It was a fun little adventure.

Remove ads