Monte Cook's New Sorcerer: Details!

Aaron L

Hero
As long as the new spell list includes most Evocation spells, this is going straight into my game, going on the description he gives. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Magnus

First Post
coyote6 said:

It is/will be in Monte Cook's Book of Eldritch Might II: Songs and Souls of Power, which is to be released (as a PDF) tomorrow (Feb. 12th).

Look here for the press release (and eventually, the "Buy now!" link).

many thanks :)

Blackwind

Explorer
Harpbows ROCK

Well, I don't know specifically what you guys are talking about, or what books you're referring to. But, I seem to recall an animated cartoon tv show based on Robin Hood's adventures that I used to watch when I was little. In it, there was that one guy (the bard in the traditional Robin Hood stories) with a harp that he could shoot arrows out of. Excuse me for being vague, but that's how my memories are.

Aaron L said:
As long as the new spell list includes most Evocation spells, this is going straight into my game, going on the description he gives. Can't wait til tomorrow.

Well - I don't think it will include as many Evoc. spells as BoEMI - but that one had a virtual treat! Monte Cook is really good at making combo spells, though and you should expect some really cool spells. M. Cook posted 4 sample spells in his Line of Sight column - you should check that out. Magic of Faerûn is a great source of evocation spells btw....

I'll be doing a review of the book as soon as I read it through. I have a suspicion it'll score 5/5 ;)

-Zarrock

Psion

Adventurer
drnuncheon said:
OK, between this and Bastion's Arms & Armor we've got two harpbows. I gotta ask...

What the heck are people thinking? That has got to be the goofiest magic weapon idea that I've ever seen. And now two? Did I miss some movie or TV show where the harpbow was the coolest thing ever? Am I just completely out of touch with the average gamer?

I totally agree. Sorry Brandon, but you and Monte must have been huffing from the same pipe. And the fact that the idea was also shared by some Robin Hood action hour cartoon only serves to affirm my opinion...

Of course, the book remains a must buy. But every book has its share of dogs.

Psion said:

I totally agree. Sorry Brandon, but you and Monte must have been huffing from the same pipe. And the fact that the idea was also shared by some Robin Hood action hour cartoon only serves to affirm my opinion...

Of course, the book remains a must buy. But every book has its share of dogs.

The picture on his site is actually pretty nice I think. While it may sound goofy - so do flying carpets - I'm actually getting curious as to what this thing does. Maybe a bard can countersong while attacking ;)

-Zarrock

Ishamael

First Post
Gotcha.... I think.

Zarrock said:

The picture on his site is actually pretty nice I think. While it may sound goofy - so do flying carpets - I'm actually getting curious as to what this thing does. Maybe a bard can countersong while attacking ;)

-Zarrock

Do you normally talk about yourself in the third person Monte?

Last edited:

drnuncheon

Explorer
Zarrock said:

-Zarrock

The Bastion version lets you (with a sufficiently high Perform check) fire arrows while still performing - so you could attack and continue to use your Bardic Music at the same time.

Dunno about Monte's. If he'd release the book already we'd know!

:D

J

Remove ads