D&D 5E Moon Domain?

Satyrn

First Post
Moving along from those suggestions, I would of course include Moonbeam in this Domain; but it's a 2nd-level Druid spell. That won't work for this pattern, unless we force-fit it in as a 3rd-level Cleric spell. Yes, it should be in there; but No, it can't be a 2nd-level spell for Clerics of the Moon Domain, because they don't get explicitly 2nd-level Domain spells.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misread the spell levels bit.

The spells from the domain are spell levels 1-5, but the chart shows which class level you get them at. So moonbeam, a 2nd level spell, fits right in at 3rd level.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misread the spell levels bit.

The spells from the domain are spell levels 1-5, but the chart shows which class level you get them at. So moonbeam, a 2nd level spell, fits right in at 3rd level.

Well, just "Oops!" about that. :eek: (<- shamefaced smiley icon)

Zardnaar

Legend
One point in Zardnaar's defense is I *think* he's referring to the 1st level domain ability, which is usually broader in scope. I was referring to the 2nd level Channel Divinity ability, which is usually quite narrow in use. So I can see why he rejected my original suggestion.

That said, I think your idea about forcing lycanthropes to change form is really cool and I'd suggest it for the Channel Divinity ability in place of the more boring "turn lycanthrope" idea.

That leaves the 1st level ability. If he sticks with the lycanthrope angle, which was the focus of the 3.5 domain, then how about the ability to spot lycanthropes even when in human form? Narrow, but very useful in certain situations. Combined with your idea of his attacks being treated as silvered, that would make this domain a real bane for lycanthropes.

Most of the domains are useful a lot of the time in regards to channel divinity.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
As a level 1 feature, what about "all you attacks ignore resistance and immunity to nonsilvered weapons"?

Oo wow! That is nice. Very cool idea!

If not the level 1 feature, then the Channel Divinity -to make your weapon attack "ignore non-silvered resistance/immunity" for sure!

Really, seriously. GREAT idea! I love that.

Remove ads