• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moon Knight - SPOILERS

pukunui

Legend
Finally sat down and watched the first episode. That was fantastic!

The idea that Ethan Hawke's character walks around with broken glass in his shoes is nuts!

Looking forward to the next one.

I noticed the too-nice apartment myself, although that's very Hollywood. Not sure if they'll explain it, but in my head, I decided Mark takes care of Steven . . . replacing dead goldfish, subsidizing a nice apartment, asking hot tour guides out on dates . . .
Yes, the flat would be insanely expensive, but there are lots of ways to explain how Steven came to have it, especially given his strange background.

I didn't think the interior was as well researched as some of the London things though. I worked in buildings in walking distance of the British Museum, and they are mostly converted Victorian townhouses, with high ceilings, lots of light, and twisty floorplans.

Janx

Hero
I noticed the too-nice apartment myself, although that's very Hollywood. Not sure if they'll explain it, but in my head, I decided Mark takes care of Steven . . . replacing dead goldfish, subsidizing a nice apartment, asking hot tour guides out on dates . . .
too nice?

Everything was worn and faded. The flooring didn't even have any gloss or stain left.

This is classic Hollywood slum house where nobody has the money for a bucket of paint.

Now I'm sure even that is too expensive in real world money for a gift shoppist to afford, but I wouldn't call it nice

MarkB

Legend
I didn't think the interior was as well researched as some of the London things though. I worked in buildings in walking distance of the British Museum, and they are mostly converted Victorian townhouses, with high ceilings, lots of light, and twisty floorplans.
Well, he is a bus commute away.

We get a brief glimpse of the area outside his building, but I couldn't spot anything that would place it more precisely than "fairly central London".

too nice?

Everything was worn and faded. The flooring didn't even have any gloss or stain left.

This is classic Hollywood slum house where nobody has the money for a bucket of paint.

Now I'm sure even that is too expensive in real world money for a gift shoppist to afford, but I wouldn't call it nice
Which is the problem. If you could afford a flat in that location, you could easily afford to have first rate interior décor!
We get a brief glimpse of the area outside his building, but I couldn't spot anything that would place it more precisely than "fairly central London".
I thought it looked like it might be around Seven Dials, or maybe Soho. Either of which you could walk or bus to the BM, depending on how energetic you felt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads