• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Moon Knight - SPOILERS

MarkB

Legend
when Tawaret explains that Steven is dead and now in Duat - “An afterlife, not the afterlife. You’d be surprised how many intersectional planes of untethered consciousness exist. Ah! Like the ancestral plane! Oh! Just gorgeous.
I'm just imagining one of those really emotional Black Panther afterlife scenes being totally photo-bombed by this Egyptian hippo-woman wandering through the background saying "Hi!"

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
One more episode to go - this has certainly been a different superhero journey
Not really, it has been a cool implementation, but this seems fairly standard for a path of hero. Right now, we are close to the rebirth part, having just experienced revelation.

T-T Poor Steven!

It's a good thing I'm not a betting man because I thought finding balance would involve opening the sarcophagus of the third personality. I can't imagine they'll leave that thread hanging when this series is finished but we've only got one episode left to get out of the underworld, get Khonshu back, stop Harrow and Ammit, save Steven from the Duat, make things right with Layla, and leave potential tie-ins for the marvel world at large.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I still feel like we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. A whole episode about reconciling the Marc and Steven personalities without even a mention of whatever third personality we had hinted at in the last couple of episodes.

I also noticed something that could be a coincidence, could be significant, or could be the creators playing with us: in the scene where Steven "wakes up" on the street after retreating from engaging with the wake, there's very prominently a taxi cab visible.

Ryujin

Legend
Marc in Egyptian heaven. Steven in Egyptian hell. Seems to me that there's going to need to be some sort of a reassembly, before they can come back from the dead. That will likely require an introduction to personality 3.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I also noticed something that could be a coincidence, could be significant, or could be the creators playing with us: in the scene where Steven "wakes up" on the street after retreating from engaging with the wake, there's very prominently a taxi cab visible.
Heh I didnt pick up on that but youre right it is very prominent! its definitely probably another easter egg.

so theres that, the Wakanda reference and the Bushman reference, nice.
(for those who dont know Bushman is referenced as Marcs Mercenary leader, in comics he’s Moonknights primary enemy)

It's a good thing I'm not a betting man because I thought finding balance would involve opening the sarcophagus of the third personality..
thats what I thought too, but we will need to wait until next week to see!

Stalker0

Legend
not my favorite episode - the going back and forth between the asylum etc was somewhat confusing and boring
I will say, something that marvel's shows are getting bad at imo, is they really put the brakes on their momentum.

We are seeing this alot where they push foward with a plot, get it to an exciting moment....and then completely shift gears into something else for a few episodes. And while I love the content those other episodes provide, the timing of them does remove some of the momentum and excitement you have built.

Remove ads