Moon Knight - SPOILERS

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I saw a interview with the director where he says that he is very interested in shades of gray, so Khonshu could be viewed as much as a villain as the glass guy or aligator goddess (I'm bad at names)

There have been times in the comics where Khonshu has had goals that ran counter to what other heroes think is appropriate, certainly.

Ryujin

Legend
Well, until their ignorance gets in the way...

So, separate topic for the collected readers here:

When, in Marvel comics, a character shows up in a quaint Bavarian-style town, near a quaint castle, do you think Bavaria, or do you think... Latveria?
Hence why I used "1984" verbiage.

If the town is explicitly referred to as being in Bavaria, I think at a Nth dimensional right angle to Latveria. If it's not, then I think Latveria, Sokovia, or Symkaria in that order.

I saw a interview with the director where he says that he is very interested in shades of gray, so Khonshu could be viewed as much as a villain as the glass guy or aligator goddess (I'm bad at names)

Ethan Hawkes' character does a good job of selling that Ammit is good and doing what needs to be done, but her ways are too much Minority Report, in that potential future crimes are punished as if there was no other way to prevent them from happening.

Davies

Legend
When, in Marvel comics, a character shows up in a quaint Bavarian-style town, near a quaint castle, do you think Bavaria, or do you think... Latveria?
I don't think Latveria if there are cupcake trucks and pop music on the radio. And radio.

Ryujin

Legend
Ethan Hawkes' character does a good job of selling that Ammit is good and doing what needs to be done, but her ways are too much Minority Report, in that potential future crimes are punished as if there was no other way to prevent them from happening.
From what Hawke's character said, their Ammit is a bit of a departure from the mythological one (at least from what little I remember of my Ancient and Medieval History courses). There aren't a lot of people whose even desiccated heart will weight the same as a feather, however, taking them early doesn't give them a chance to get their balance right in the eyes of the gods. Like you say, their Ammit goes in for pre-crime, judging people before their deaths and was at odds with the other gods over this. The traditional god/demon judged at the time of death.

Remove ads