More Abishai

CNichols

First Post
Ah, OK. For some reason I thought fang dragons were CE, but picking up my Monsters of Faerun, I see that I'm wrong. Rats.

In any event, these abishai are excellent.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Thanks guys! Demiurge is right...I skipped it because it wasn't an evil dragon. If you wanted to make one, I'd use a white abishai as the base, and raise its sting attack damage as if it were one size category larger, and have the sting deal 1 point of Con drain on a failed save.

Shade

Monster Junkie
In honor of Krishnath's recent posting of the Orange Dragon (http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=75141)...

Devil, Orange Abishai
Medium Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 5d8+10 (32 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30 ft., fly 40 ft. (poor)
AC: 17 (+2 Dex, +5 natural) touch 12, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+8
Attack: Tail sting +9 melee (1d6+3 plus 2d6 fire)
Full Attack: Tail sting +9 melee (1d6+3 plus 2d6 fire) and 2 claws +7 melee (claw 1d4+1) and bite +7 melee (1d6+1)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, sting, summon baatezu
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/good, darkvision 60 ft., immunity to fire and poison, regeneration 5, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, see in darkness, spell resistance 18, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: Str 16, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 11, Wis 13, Cha 14
Skills: Bluff +8, Concentration +8, Disguise +9, Escape Artist +8, Hide +8, Intimidate +10, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Search +6, Spot +7, Swim +8
Feats: Improved Initiative, Multiattack
Environment: Nine Hells of Baator
Organization: Solitary, flight (2), or wail (3-12)
Challenge Rating: 6
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: 6-7 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: +6

The creature resembles a man-sized gargoyle, with batlike wings, vicious claws, and snapping jaws. A prehensile tail whips about its body constantly. Its orange scales are dull and mottled.

Orange abishai are vicious melee combatants. Tiamat uses them for missions in jungle and forest regions of various planes.

An orange abishai stands 5 1/2 feet tall and weighs around 275 pounds.

Orange abishai speak Infernal and Common.

Combat

Orange abishai relish melee combat, preferring to focus its attacks on whatever enemy it perceives to be the greatest threat.

An abishai's natural weapons, as well as any weapons it wields, are treated as evil-aligned and lawful-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Sting (Ex): Any hit from an orange abishai's tail inflicts an additional 2d6 points of fire damage, followed by an additional 1d6 points of fire damage the next round, and 1d3 points of fire damage on the third round.

Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): At will-animate dead, change self, charm person (DC 13), command (DC 13), desecrate, detect chaos/evil/good/law, major image (DC 15), suggestion (DC 15), and scare (DC 14). Caster level 5th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Summon Baatezu (Sp): Once per day an abishai can attempt to summon 2d6 lemures with a 50% chance of success, or another abishai of a random color with a 20% chance of success.

Regeneration (Ex): An orange abishai takes normal damage from good-aligned weapons, and from spells or effects with the good descriptor.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I updated many of the abishai, as the Player's Guide to Faerun web enhancement indicates that abishai with 6 or more HD should have damage reduction 10/good.

Remove ads