D&D 5E More Details About Laeral Silverhand’s Explorer’s Kit

This press release just dropped into my inbox. Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit contains dice, cards, and a map. This comes out on the same day as the as-yet unnamed D&D hardcover on March 17th, whose identity will be revealed on Thursday. Explore the realms! Wizards of the Coast once again is presenting new dice and miscellany for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Forgotten Realms...

This press release just dropped into my inbox. Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit contains dice, cards, and a map. This comes out on the same day as the as-yet unnamed D&D hardcover on March 17th, whose identity will be revealed on Thursday.

wlclwcjcwke_prodimage.png

Explore the realms! Wizards of the Coast once again is presenting new dice and miscellany for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Forgotten Realms Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit builds on the success of Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Forgotten Realms Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit will be available in stores everywhere on March 17, 2020!

Let Laeral Silverhand – Open Lord of Waterdeep, centuries-old archmage, and daughter of the goddess of magic – guide you on your path to adventure. The new kit includes eleven dice placed in a durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays. Fans can also enjoy the twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral’s expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten RealmsTM and a foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and city of Waterdeep.
  • Eleven dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4).
  • Twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral's expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten Realms.
  • A durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays.
  • Foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and the city of Waterdeep.

R_J_K75

Legend
Fun - Amazon didn't spoil it, and they updated their title to be "Title Released on Jan 13th"

View attachment 117305

I get it a percentage of people cried and whined, pissed and moaned, made a huge fuss when WotC announced products in the past ahead of time which didnt get released. Boo hoo, lifes hard, get a helmet. I also understand they dont want to detract from current releases by announcing upcoming releases too soon. But this whole secrecy and build up is getting really annoying. Just tell us what you have planned for the year upfront. When it comes to the UA blind surveys they can be hard to answer if theres no context as to what products they are considering working on. If they announce 5 products in Jan and 1 gets scrapped or pushed back I dont see the big deal.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I get it a percentage of people cried and whined, pissed and moaned, made a huge fuss when WotC announced products in the past ahead of time which didnt get released. Boo hoo, lifes hard, get a helmet. I also understand they dont want to detract from current releases by announcing upcoming releases too soon. But this whole secrecy and build up is getting really annoying. Just tell us what you have planned for the year upfront. When it comes to the UA blind surveys they can be hard to answer if theres no context as to what products they are considering working on. If they announce 5 products in Jan and 1 gets scrapped or pushed back I dont see the big deal.

Oh come on. It's not their fault Amazon leaked the announcement date, and the idea that Wizard's should make their marketing decisions based on the small group of people who notice this minor leak is pretty silly.

R_J_K75

Legend
Oh come on. It's not their fault Amazon leaked the announcement date, and the idea that Wizard's should make their marketing decisions based on the small group of people who notice this minor leak is pretty silly.

Thats not what Im getting at. This isnt the first time this has happened with Amazon. What Im getting at is just announce their release schedule for the year up front. In editions passed I always found it more exciting knowing what was coming.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I'd love an interactive map that allows you to drill down to details. I'd pay for that for sure. It's so re-usable. What I'd really like is more art that is from the perspective of people, not top down. So much of our views of towns/cities would be different if we could see the 3D-ness of them.....

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Thats not what Im getting at. This isnt the first time this has happened with Amazon. What Im getting at is just announce their release schedule for the year up front. In editions passed I always found it more exciting knowing what was coming.

As someone who works in marketing, it is way smarter to spread out your release announcements. That way instead of someone getting the full release slate and budgeting what products they want, you can get people to spend more than they would otherwise if they knew the full slate.

And yes, I know not everyone is going to be "fooled," but it happens enough that announcing your full slate at once isn't good business sense.

R_J_K75

Legend
As someone who works in marketing, it is way smarter to spread out your release announcements. That way instead of someone getting the full release slate and budgeting what products they want, you can get people to spend more than they would otherwise if they knew the full slate.

And yes, I know not everyone is going to be "fooled," but it happens enough that announcing your full slate at once isn't good business sense.

Fair enough. I have zero marketing background and I suppose what was the norm 20 years ago has probably drastically changed in todays age. Im coming strictly from a consumers perspective.

Not to mention all the negative publicity generated by cancelled or postponed products - there are a lot more of those than you think.

Remove ads

Remove ads