D&D 5E More Details About Laeral Silverhand’s Explorer’s Kit

This press release just dropped into my inbox. Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit contains dice, cards, and a map. This comes out on the same day as the as-yet unnamed D&D hardcover on March 17th, whose identity will be revealed on Thursday.

wlclwcjcwke_prodimage.png

Explore the realms! Wizards of the Coast once again is presenting new dice and miscellany for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Forgotten Realms Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit builds on the success of Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Forgotten Realms Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit will be available in stores everywhere on March 17, 2020!

Let Laeral Silverhand – Open Lord of Waterdeep, centuries-old archmage, and daughter of the goddess of magic – guide you on your path to adventure. The new kit includes eleven dice placed in a durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays. Fans can also enjoy the twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral’s expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten RealmsTM and a foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and city of Waterdeep.
  • Eleven dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4).
  • Twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral's expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten Realms.
  • A durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays.
  • Foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and the city of Waterdeep.

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
I remember Gleemax! I had no idea that was why it got shuttered, though!

Well, I'm sure there were other reasons too. Fair enough. But, given the screaming and shouting about "Where is my character visuallizer that was promised!!!! WotC hates it's fans!!!" any reasonable response got pretty much ejected out the window.

Which, brings us to the present where WotC no long EVER talks directly to the fans. Everything is vetted, and very, very carefully announced because, well, they got bitten before and there's no way they're going to risk the good will they've managed to build up with 5e by letting some poor Dev make an unvetted comment on a blog or a message board.

Never even knew that book was in development. Seems like a rather trivial thing to get up in arms about. I'd rather them cancel a book then put out junk.
Nothing is too trivial for the internet to get up into arms about.

See: delaying an announcement by 4 days is a vast corporate conspiracy. Did it ever occur that someone's grandmother may have been taken into hospital? Real life happens.

gyor

Legend
Bud, you have no idea. The absolutely unreasonable calls and the torches and pitchforks crowd are ABSOLUTELY ruthless whenever some announced product isn't brought out. Heck, a murder/suicide sidelining a project isn't enough to get people to stop crucifying WotC for not bringing a project out on time. (See for more details on that)

Any sign of a project that is announced and not fufilled is absolute proof that WotC is a failing company and should never have been in charge of D&D in the first place, they hate all gamers and they are a bunch of mindless corporate drones.

So, for exactly the same reason that we NEVER see WotC dev's on the forums anymore, we will never get pre-announcements either. Too many people piddled in the pool.

I think WotC really should have explained better why it was cancelled, maybe folks would have better handled their disappointment if it has been explained why it couldn't be salavaged.

lkj

Hero
I think WotC really should have explained better why it was cancelled, maybe folks would have better handled their disappointment if it has been explained why it couldn't be salavaged.

Honestly, while I hear what you're saying, I think that would be jumping down a rabbit hole. I've rarely seen people satisfied with their explanations, and that would be even more true if it was entirely a business decision. I suspect projects get started and stopped all the time, some of them making it a lot farther than others. Doesn't seem worth the time to announce anything till they are absolutely sure it's coming out.

During that whole episode, WotC's response was 'We can't cancel something we never announced.' And they were roundly mocked. Thing was, they hadn't actually announced anything. It had gotten leaked by a site that might have eventually sold the product. I notice they've just tightened things up since then.

AD

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases