• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More Lycanthropic Mayhem For DM's To Use and Abuse...

Krishnath

First Post
Well, I'm not going to make a wereraccoon or a werecat, that's for sure... Hmm wereowl...That means I get to do a Dire Owl (And no a dire owl, is not the same as a giant owl...)

This is the list I'm currently going with, unless someone gives me a better idea, or come up with the stats for the fox...

Weredeer (Going to be true neutral in alignment.)
Wereowl (Lawful Neutral.)
Werewolverine (Chaotic Neutral)

You still have a couple of weeks to give me more ideas.

blackshirt5

First Post
Have you considered doing a werespider? I'm kinda stuck on how to make one, so I figured you've got experience with weres, I'd ask you. I'm using them with my demon elves(pale white drow, I've put the emphasis on the demon part for this campaign).

Krishnath

First Post
Blackshirt5: I suggest you read through this thread from the beginning... :D The first post in particular shold provide interresting... Oh all right. The werespiders are in the first post of this thread. Feel free to comment on them... :D

Also, more ideas for lycanthropes would be nice...

Later,

GreyShadow

Explorer
How about:

were-gorilla
were-hippo
were-eagle
were-seal
were-octopus

I'm not sure what's already been published online and in book form. Will think some more about it.

Krishnath

First Post
Blackshirt: Don't feel bad, just remember to read through threads *Before* you post ;)

Greyshadow: Were-gorilla (What's the point, you just end up with a hairier human.), Were-hippo (maybe if you could be so kind as to provide me with the stats for the hippo, and the pygmy variety thereoff when you're at it.), were-eagle (to similar to the were-griffon in appearance, hmm... maybe in the future.), Were-seal (find me the stats for the sea leopard and you've got a deal.), Were-octopus (This is actually a really good idea, I might just go with this one...)

Later,

Krishnath

First Post
Ferret: Hmm... perhaps, if you have the stats for the animals, post them, or at least point me to where I can find them.

Later,

Clay_More

First Post
Were-octopus.... hmmmm, why does that give me flashing images of mindflayers? I think they could be cool, but please dont give them Mindblast, I beg you :)

How about were-goblins, humans that change into goblins at night and stalk the city looking for people to verbally abuse...

Yet, if you wanted to make Were-Octopus, you could look at the special rules for illithids in regards to grappling with their tentacles, especially if the were-octopus is supposed to have any kind of hybrid form. Were-gorilla, isnt that just the same as a neanderthal?

I think ive seen a were-seal somewhere before, cant remember if one existed in the old MM. They would definitely have to be good, taking into the account the picture most people have of seal. Were-hippo, kind of makes me think of those Spelljammer creatures I remember from MM in Ed. 2. The guys with hippo features that ran around with firearms.... hmmmm

laters yall

Remove ads