More Usable Terrain!

Scribble

First Post
I want WoTC to release more usable terrain (like in the Darksun article.)

An entire book filled with it (like a monster manual for terrain) would make me realllllly happy.

Who's with me?!?!?

MrMyth

First Post
I'm all for this. I constantly plunder the terrain powers in the DMG2, despite it being only a page long, and would love an entire chapter of such things for easy reference.

Yeah, I love terrain. That being said its usually pretty easy to create some. Between DMG and DMG2 there's a pretty fair amount of it available. You can always level it up or down too. I find terrain powers in general pretty easy to design. Of course I'd be happy to have a compilation of this stuff too, more options and ideas can never hurt.

Scribble

First Post
Check out the Inspiring Terrains over at Kobold Quarterly, too. They are, simply put, incredible. It rewards those who've spent enough time in a certain location, and gives unique powers based on terrain, really nice stuff all around.

Inspiring Terrains: Snowy Mountain Peaks (Part 1 of 5) « Kobold Quarterly Magazine: Monsters and Magic for D&D Gamers

Yeah those are awesome! :D

Tahnks for the link... Maybe it will be compiled at the end??? Into a PDF??? :p

Yeah, I love terrain. That being said its usually pretty easy to create some. Between DMG and DMG2 there's a pretty fair amount of it available. You can always level it up or down too. I find terrain powers in general pretty easy to design. Of course I'd be happy to have a compilation of this stuff too, more options and ideas can never hurt.

Yeah... Monsters are relatively easy to build/reskin/level but still, more monster books are cool. A big book of terrain would be AWESOME in my opinion. :D

jbear

First Post
I love terrain too. I think we could even go a step further and have terrain go hand in hand with a series of at will and encounter terrain powers the PCs/Monsters can use to their advantage.

But definitely, more cool, fantastic terrain all the way!

Scribble

First Post
I love terrain too. I think we could even go a step further and have terrain go hand in hand with a series of at will and encounter terrain powers the PCs/Monsters can use to their advantage.

But definitely, more cool, fantastic terrain all the way!

That's exactly what I mean... Like the Sunwarped Flats terrain... It has a usable effect of some type.

Remove ads