• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morrus, Chainmail beta 8 is now available...

Chaz

First Post
Chainmail beta 8 is now available for download.
Name: kadamait
IP Logged: 4.63.xxx.xxx
Date: 03/10/05 19:10

I just uploaded beta 8; I may update it in the near future with a fix for the MySQL stack-bug with the Realm Repository but will otherwise 'sign-off' for about 1 maybe 2 months. During that time I will keep an eye on bugs reported by Dave Guntner... and if all is well, or mostly-so, will try to finish CHAINMAIL for a final release; otherwise, if the world engine is still buggy, will post another beta-refresh.
thanks,
--k
Its still a beta... but much has been improved from what ive seen on another server. And as he sais above another release might be out soon if needed. Otherwise a final version may be along in the next few months.

From what I know so far the special races feature is disabled still pending fixes. Im not certain of this though. Strongholds and forges are suposed to be working right(chazman would sure like to have a working stronghold after trying 5-6 of them).

Thats it for now.

Peace :)

Chaz

First Post
Further update.. Take note:
Name: kadamait
IP Logged: 4.63.xxx.xxx
Date: 03/11/05 10:05

There are some bugs that I have found and will fix today; they are serious, and deal with the new spawning system... Once I get them fixed I will update the beta to "8a".
thanks,
--k
Thought id pass this along for anyone who has already downloaded it... like me (45 minute download for me haha)

Peace

cantrip

Explorer
Readme looked to be about the same as in the previous beta..

Going through the scripts(in an attempt to enable subraces) I found a few new ones:
Wild and arctic dwarves, 3 subraces for half-orcs and 3 planetouched subraces for human.
And all of those inaccessible :(

Neo

Explorer
cantrip said:
Readme looked to be about the same as in the previous beta..

Going through the scripts(in an attempt to enable subraces) I found a few new ones:
Wild and arctic dwarves, 3 subraces for half-orcs and 3 planetouched subraces for human.
And all of those inaccessible :(

some nice new additions..pity they are switched off... Ill e-mail Russel and see if we can get the Beta added

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not sure what date the server will get switched off (the subscription was cancelled last month), but I'll be happy to upload the new version until then, at least.

Anyone got a link to it?

Remove ads