• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most cool: The Iconic Bestiary...

DMH

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
Phil Reed's Possessors was made specifically to replace the Mind Flayer.

So did 3 or 4 other publishers- so what? Show me another product with replacements for slaad, umber hulks, carrion crawlers or displacer beasts.

Starman

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
Hmm...

Well, I don't want you to be upset, but I'm not sure my partner would approve of me giving out too much free stuff. ;)

Let me get back to you. :)

You're too cool, Ari. :cool:

No, I don't really expect any free products. It's just that my list of "RPG things to buy" keeps growing and growing and I keep seeing your name on the products. Seriously, keep up the awesome work.

Starman

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
DMH said:
So did 3 or 4 other publishers- so what?

I'm not knocking Ari, not at all. I just don't understand his comment (especially since Possessors was published by Ronin Arts.)

Show me another product with replacements for slaad, umber hulks, carrion crawlers or displacer beasts.

I assume you mean AND, not OR. I think what Ari was getting at was doing everything at once.

If you meant to say, "OR", well, then Grim Tales has a displacer beast replacement: the lethid rgleth.

DMH

First Post
Damn, you got me ;) I never picked up Grim Tales (I don't care for pulp in my games anymore than in my OJ).

Okay, what about the rest?

Wulf Ratbane said:
It was a good idea then; it's a great idea to do it all at once, though, and cover off everything.

That's what I was getting at in my reply, though I obviously didn't phrase it properly.

Nobody (again, to my knowledge) has made an attempt to cover all major omissions in a single product. It's always been one at a time, or done as part of something else. :)

DMH

First Post
Have an idea for the origin of the Evil Eyes- there is a plane out there that is made up of eyes (call it the elemetal plane of eyes) and Augrah-Ma is an intelligent part of that plane (several sections have hive minds). It wants out and thus sends parts of itself to other plane to observe and determine which would the best for invasion. The problem for Augrah-Ma is another section of the EPE doesn't want it to leave. So now you can use both the evil eyes and either the beholder or a beholder variant. I wouldn't want to be the people living in such a plane that they are warring over...

Hey, folks. The product has been officially announced over in the Publishers forum. Feel free to take any questions or comments there, or continue posting them here, whichever you prefer. :)

Cergorach said:
The press release indicated line of books of Iconic Beasteria, so give us details! ;-)

A little early yet for details. For now, let's just say that there are iconic monsters from sources other than older editions of the game that could benefit from introduction to, or further examination in, D20. :cool:

Voadam

Legend
Mouseferatu said:
A little early yet for details. For now, let's just say that there are iconic monsters from sources other than older editions of the game that could benefit from introduction to, or further examination in, D20. :cool:

Cthulhu? Star Wars? uhm, wheel of time? what was that tsr sci fi game with vrusk and dralasite, star jammers?

Remove ads