• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Most powerful class in 5e

jgsugden

Legend
After several years of experience with 5E: If I'm looking for the PC that will contribute most to the success of a party:

Level 1: Archery Fighter (Reliable AB plus decent damage)
Level 2 to 4: Moon Druid (Wildshape into Bear)
Level 5 to high level: Vengeance Paladin (Smite on top of melee damage)
High Level: Warlock (High DC spell saves with those Rods)

CTurbo

Explorer
This thread again?

Everybody knows that the Lore Bard, Abjurer Wizard, Diviner Wizard, Tempest Cleric, Life Cleric, Totem Barb, Long Death Monk, and pretty much any Paladin are the most powerful class

gyor

Legend
Bard, you can poach the best spells in the game, get expertise and are tied with Rogue as the best skill money, get ninth level spells, can be a good healer, descent weapons and armour, Insparition dice, and if that's not enough you can specialize further in fighting (Colleges of Valour and Swords), double down on the Bard's strengths (College of Lore), focus more on enchantment magic (College of Glamour), or go more Rogue/Spy like with College of Whispers.

So much versatility and raw power.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
It's pretty obvious that Warlord is the most powerful class. That's why WotC is keeping them suppressed!!!

cmad1977

Hero
It's pretty obvious that Warlord is the most powerful class. That's why WotC is keeping them suppressed!!!

That make me think it’s the weakest. If the Warlord can’t fight through the guys on the D&D staff... I mean... wimpy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zardnaar

Legend
That's cause you are too DPR focused.

Only with martial types. Happy to use spells like hypnotic pattern and ottos irresistible dance.

I was using control spells in 2E where damage was better. I rolled up an enchanter and was throwing around spells like dominate, chaos, and confusion.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
4 Elements Monk 7/Beastmaster Ranger 7/Wild Mage Sorcerer 6. With the Skywrite spell (somehow?).

What? You ever played one?

Didn't think so.

You don't know man. You weren't there. You don't know.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Oh man don't get me started on control Wizards. In 4e I had a Wizard|Warlord and I loved it!
*Points at ally*
"You punch him."
*Points at ally*
"You punch him."
*Points at enemy*
"You punch him."

Nothing beats making a guy punch himself to death.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads