• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most powerful non-magical class combo

Ravilah

Explorer
What, in your opinion, is the most potent non-spellcasting combo of classes for a gestalt campaign? I suppose really minor-level spellcasting would be okay--like for a ranger or paladin--but not as a major feature of the class.

I just wrote up a ranger/fighter and he is MEAN!

--R

Ilium

First Post
Fighter/Rogues or Ranger/Rogues hit often and deliver lots of sneak attack damage.

The Fighter/Rogue has the edge in twinked-out combat feats of course. :)

Sejs

First Post
Completely mundane, or just non-spellcasting? What about Bo9S material?

Ultimately it boils down to maximizing benefit. Having one side with full BAB, and the other side that sacrifices BAB for skills or abilities.

So for example a Barbarian|Rogue. Especially if you start taking class variants into account, such as whirling frenzy and a spiritual totem.

Last edited:

I'm fond of my Rogue/Warlock build... eldrich blast, which is a touch attack, plus sneak attack dice. My 6th level gestalt character with that build is doing 5d6 per attack, and pretty much always hits because it's a ranged touch attack.

Ilium

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
I'm fond of my Rogue/Warlock build... eldrich blast, which is a touch attack, plus sneak attack dice. My 6th level gestalt character with that build is doing 5d6 per attack, and pretty much always hits because it's a ranged touch attack.
How do you reliably get sneak attack damage on a ranged attack? Or do you mean when attacking from surprise to start the combat?

Snowy

Explorer
using the warlock invocation that creats darkness and the other one that lets you see through it.

or using their invisible invocation but then things can see you if they have see invis etc

the first is more reliable

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads