• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most powerful non-magical class combo

Thanee

First Post
Ravilah said:
What if I were to tack on that the character would also be a remarkably intelligent minotaur?

That depends a whole lot on whether you use more tame (LA takes up both sides with its full rating each) or more crazy (LA only takes up one side) Gestalt rules. ;)

Other than that, what you want is passive abilities that combine well, hence the rogue being mentioned that often, as Sneak Attack nicely tags on other abilities and combines rather well with melee in general. The rogue's skills won't hurt either.

Bye
Thanee

Ilium said:
How do you reliably get sneak attack damage on a ranged attack? Or do you mean when attacking from surprise to start the combat?

That, along with a really high hide check, and the feat that allows you to make a Bluff check to 'distract' an opponent, allowing you to hide as a move action, thus being able to sneak attack when attacking next round from hiding.

Also, there is an invocation that turns your eldrich blast into a glaive - you can then use the glaive as a melee touch attack, and get multiple attacks with it due to high BAB as with any other weapon. Then, all you need to do is flank someone to get sneak attack.

I do apologize for making it seem that I get sneak attack with every attack I make - my post does sound misleading, looking back on it. I got distracted half-way through - it's what I get for posting from work. :)

Slife

First Post
The Bardbarain is a a classic. Not sure if you consider the bard to be a major spellcaster or not, though.

Kaodi

Hero
It's one of only two passages from Shakespeare's works that I can quote, the other being Hamlet's famous soliloquy. I memorized the latter because it was required to speak a scene from Hamlet in that class, but I used the former for my signature because it is just that great, hehehe...

Wik

First Post
Minotaur, eh?

Barbarian/Ranger. Lots of fun. Lots of damage. Especially if you can get a "pounce" like feat that lets you make a full attack on a charge. Multiple weapon attacks, plus a gore? SWEET.

dontpunkme

First Post
This 20 Level Build kicked ass for me: Fighter 1/Scout 9/ Dervish 10. Scout gets his skirmish on every attack he makes if he moves more than 10' (which is 3d6). Dervish Dance lets you make your full attack and full move. At 10th level dervish, he gets A Thousand Cuts, which allows you to make twice your normal number of attacks. Combined with TWF chain Scimitar and improved crit, my character was making 14 attacks each for d6+str+magic bonus+5/15-20x2 +3d6. Plus, with skirmish ac bonus and dervish ac bonus, you're not getting hit often as you tumble slice tumble slice your way around the battlefield. I would routinely kill twice as many beasties per encounter as the other 5 members of my party combined.

Ravilah

Explorer
Dervishes are way broken, in my humble opinion. I'd think twice about letting a player play one. Of course, broken can be good for an NPC. . . he he he.

Quartz

Hero
Fighter / Monk // Rogue is pretty nasty.

Good saves, good skills, flurry + monk damage + fighter feats + sneak attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads