• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Useful Reference Sheet ever?

Verys Arkon

First Post
I dig the sheets and - holy popcorn! Verys is alive!

(What grandma doesn't like popcorn?)
Alive and kicking :) DMing H-x series and starting as a player in a second 4e campaign. I can't wait to get on the other side of the screen - now I just have to decide which race/class! So many choices, so few opportunities to play. Come on DDI virtual table.

OchreJelly

First Post
For that matter has anyone come up with a good DM sheet to track creature HPs and condition status? I have played around with making my own with mixed results. Conditions being the big thing because of their limited durations and when / how they end.

cmbarona

First Post
I've been trying to put one together too. One page, front and back, at the most. I'm not thrilled with mine yet, but it's a work in progress.

Good job! A couple of quick suggestions as you continue your work:

1) On the first page, in the middle column, I would put Combat Advantage at the top, since it is a more commonly used term than Flanking.

2) I would include a section with the errataed Stealth rules.

3) Depending on how important it is in your campaign to know the gods, you might consider cutting into that section and the "Player's Notes" section and add some general skill description information.

Aristotle

First Post
I'll look into implementing the suggestions. I certainly want it to be as useful as possible.

I'm also working on a DM sheet for combat tracking, and am refining my character sheets. I should probably get those posted to the downloads section too. I spend far too much time in InDesign working on forms/references for games. :)

Nail

First Post
For that matter has anyone come up with a good DM sheet to track creature HPs and condition status? I have played around with making my own with mixed results. Conditions being the big thing because of their limited durations and when / how they end.
Good suggestion but --> maybe fork it to a new thread?

I'm MOST interested in a one-page summary that gets passed around the table and consulted lots and lots. A "DM SCREEN" is a different beast altogether, as it's meant to not only hide DM maps, NPC sheest, and stuff, but it also isn't getting handed around the table.

Again, I'm kinda thinking of a one page sheet - maybe double sided - that I can print on cardstock and laminate. Maybe even throw at a misbehaving player like a decapitating Frisbee of Doom!

:devil:

Aristotle

First Post
I did some revising of my take on this concept. I could easily expand this to another page to handle more skills, death rules, or maybe even a campaign specific lexicon... but I'm not sure when the play aid stops being a play aid and starts just being an unorganized, condensed, mash-up of the skill and combat chapters. Anyway, here is my progress. Critiques are welcome.

*edit* note that the colors listed after the conditions match up to Alea Tools magnetic counters. */edit*

Attachments

• player_cheat_sheet.pdf
    86.1 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:

OpsKT

Explorer
You did an awesome job getting the crucial info on one page. The only problem I have is that I cant read it once it is printed out. The test is just too small, I need it at 200% so I can easily read it.

Any chance you could adjust it to help the old guys out and make it a two pager with big text.

Getting old sucks

Fair enough. Use the same link.

I changed it to a 2-page format, so it can be printed front/back, and to get all the conditions to fit I hand typed them. That should work clearer.

All in all, between others here and myself, there are a lot of good options for player references.

Last edited:

DrSpunj

Explorer
Here's my attempt merging and cleaning up much of what I've seen others do. It's one page, front and back and uses the Arial font primarily. I like Calibri and have it now on my home computer but I've had trouble printing things at work and other places with it (as have my players). I find the sheets easy to read, but expect many others may not as most of it is in 7 pt font! B-)

First page is the Skill reference sheet (with Acrobatics, which was missing from someone else's version) with added details.

Second page is the Actions list fleshed out with more useful details and the Conditions list to which I added some of the most common Combat Modifiers with significant rules that I expect will come up frequently (namely Combat Advantage, Concealment, Cover, Flanking & Invisible).

Hope some others find this useful. Please post here if you find any errors or have figured out something to add to the little white space left here and there. I've included both the Word file for those that want to adjust something and the PDF for those that just want to print it out as is without any compatibility issues.

Thanks

Attachments

• DrSpunj's 4e Ref Sheet.pdf
    122.1 KB · Views: 258
  • DrSpunj's 4e Ref Sheet.doc
    148 KB · Views: 101

Remove ads