MotW: Geomancer.

Orco42

First Post
I wish the book came out a month ago. The party just fought a high level Geomancer and I was forced to split levels between cleric and wizard.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Numion said:
IMC wizards wouldn't use plate if they could. AC isn't really a problem for wizards at mid+ levels. At lower levels they might use it, but at higher levels they're not going to be hit anyway. (if they have protective magic, I meant. )

They wouldn't take a "free" (no spell slots per day) +9 AC for only 2,650 gp?

Crothian

First Post
Sorry, but I'm bringing the thread back to the topic.

It is a really powerful class but it does have a slow devolution that goes along with it. After reading, I think this could be a fun class to play. Really seems to fit a druid/sorcerer.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

They wouldn't take a "free" (no spell slots per day) +9 AC for only 2,650 gp?

I wouldn't I value the ability to run fast or agresively advancing the rear flank as it were far to much. Now a chain shirt, or mitrhal breastplate and I'm fairly happy. Though I'd much prefer bracers of armor.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
If there's no arcane failure, why wouldn't they just use a +1 mithril breastplate (if not the dwarven plate)? It protects as well as bracers that cost 6x as much. Plus, it still helps in an antimagic field - where you need the most help.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
If there's no arcane failure, why wouldn't they just use a +1 mithril breastplate (if not the dwarven plate)? It protects as well as bracers that cost 6x as much. Plus, it still helps in an antimagic field - where you need the most help.

Because I have an 8 str and weight of objects is a very large factor in determining what I'll carry.

FANGO

First Post
Because all that armor chafes me so...I much prefer the freedom of movement and easy fit of a well-made robe...

Oh wait, this is dnd, I forgot that people can wear armor 24 hours a day and not give it a second thought... :p

Ysgarran

Crothian said:
Sorry, but I'm bringing the thread back to the topic.

It is a really powerful class but it does have a slow devolution that goes along with it. After reading, I think this could be a fun class to play. Really seems to fit a druid/sorcerer.

Agreed, it would be fun to play. When the weirdo from the woods with the green bushy hair and eyebrows wanders into town he is going to get some looks. That part of the Prstg class really does capture what a 'hero of nature' of nature might be like. Although without good roleplaying to back it up there are no real downsides to that part of the Geomancer.

Just a quick note, although I might worry that some of the MotW prestige classes are unbalanced I usually am very lenient in my own campaigns about what people can play. The first rule is to have fun.

Remove ads