• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

SpoCk0nd0pe

First Post
Shouldn't the brown bear have +6 to hit (+4 str +2 prof) as lvl 2 moon druid? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

And thanks again for all your work on the sheets, they are amazing!

Shouldn't the brown bear have +6 to hit (+4 str +2 prof) as lvl 2 moon druid? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

And thanks again for all your work on the sheets, they are amazing!
The Brown Bear has a +5 to hit in its stat block (see https://open5e.com/monsters/miscellaneous-creatures/brown-bear.html).

However, you and your DM are free to interpret the vague wild shape rules any way you want. To facilitate this, my sheet offers several ways to have the wild shape stat blocks calculated. You can select the calculation way from the "Wild Shape Options" button on the top of any wild shape page. In the FAQ you can find an explanation of how the different methods work.

In the case of the Brown Bear, something else is afoot. Because the monster manual calculates its attacks as Str (+4) plus proficiency bonus (+2) plus an arbitrary penalty (-1) the sheet will always put a -1 on the attack, because that is what the monster manual suggests should be added to the attacks of a Brown Bear.

You are still free to change the to hit to anything you want, but I suggest talking to your DM about how to interpret this.

ENworld's resurrection

As you have probably noticed, ENworld has been down for a few days and has been restored to a backup from several months ago, removing all files in the download section in the process.

While ENworld was down, my redesigned Printer Friendly version was accepted by DMs Guild and is now online. I also consolidated both the bonus and normal versions of the sheet I had here on ENworld into a single version that offers everything that the bonus version used to offer. I also put this online on DMs Guild. Lastly, I put the Spell Sheets per Class on DMs Guild as well.

Because DMs Guild demands to have the exclusive, I am not allowed to post anything I have there anywhere else. So the sheets will no longer be available in the Dropbox. However, people that have previously donated will find that their link still works, and that the banned Printer Friendly version is there as well (was banned from DMs Guild).

I fully intend to put the Excel Spell Sheet Generator back here on ENworld. However, currently, the download section is not working, in that it is impossible to upload any files. So for now the Excel is only available in the Dropbox.

I would like to keep this forum thread alive, despite it being gutted, as a place to discuss my Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets, and Spell Sheet Generator.

Please see the download page for all the links.

Astromath

First Post
The Brown Bear has a +5 to hit in its stat block (see https://open5e.com/monsters/miscellaneous-creatures/brown-bear.html).

However, you and your DM are free to interpret the vague wild shape rules any way you want. To facilitate this, my sheet offers several ways to have the wild shape stat blocks calculated. You can select the calculation way from the "Wild Shape Options" button on the top of any wild shape page. In the FAQ you can find an explanation of how the different methods work.

In the case of the Brown Bear, something else is afoot. Because the monster manual calculates its attacks as Str (+4) plus proficiency bonus (+2) plus an arbitrary penalty (-1) the sheet will always put a -1 on the attack, because that is what the monster manual suggests should be added to the attacks of a Brown Bear.

You are still free to change the to hit to anything you want, but I suggest talking to your DM about how to interpret this.

I've submitted an error report to WotC.

Greybeard_Ray

First Post
Welcome Back!!!

We missed you. We missed the Forums. We missed a major meltdown of ENWorld, but it has returned.

Unfortunately for ME, I had to re-register, because I was part of the eliminated time-line.

Mijnheer Joost, one of the posts deleted while you were gone was my statement that I was trying to code the JavaScript for the Ranger, Revised from Unearthed Arcana. I have the code written, but I'm not the programmer I was 30 years ago (I'm not experienced with JS), but I have the bulk of it. It gives me an error message, but I have all the subsections typed in. Would you like me to send it to you, and if so, how? PM, e-mail, or send to DropBox?

Please let me know, and I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Ray

Welcome Back!!!

We missed you. We missed the Forums. We missed a major meltdown of ENWorld, but it has returned.

Unfortunately for ME, I had to re-register, because I was part of the eliminated time-line.

Mijnheer Joost, one of the posts deleted while you were gone was my statement that I was trying to code the JavaScript for the Ranger, Revised from Unearthed Arcana. I have the code written, but I'm not the programmer I was 30 years ago (I'm not experienced with JS), but I have the bulk of it. It gives me an error message, but I have all the subsections typed in. Would you like me to send it to you, and if so, how? PM, e-mail, or send to DropBox?

Please let me know, and I hope you enjoyed your vacation.
Ray
Welcome back to you too!

The whole ENworld being fireballed is very unfortunate indeed. A lot of good progress on the site was lost, and the download section is back to being crappy again. It did make it easy for me to decide where to put the sheets, though

It's really awesome that you are working in the revised ranger, any help is welcome. You can send it to me any way you prefer. The only thing I recommend is sending the code as an .txt file in an attachment or Dropbox link. Inline code is much harder to grab and .js ford tend to be blocked by a lot of programmes (like Gmail).

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads