• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Spoiler Thread

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, we got the names of the face Commandwrs, and a few other details on the Commander products this morning:
Hi Reddit! I'll be launching a video EVERY WEEKDAY this week with information, preview cards, art, and more from Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - and I'm kicking things off with Commander! In this video I share some of the details of the upcoming decks.

There's tons of notes and flavor in the video you'll have to pick up when you watch, but for two big categories, here are the names of the 4 face commanders (their art is in the video):

Vrondiss, Rage of Ancients (Art by Svetlin Velinov; will be revealed by LoadingReadyRun on July 2)

Prosper, Tome-Bound (Art by Yongjae Choi; will be revealed by MTGGoldfish on July 2)

Sefris of the Hidden Ways (Art by Ryan Pancoast; will be revealed by MTG Muddstah on July 2)

Galea, Kindler of Hope (Art by Johannes Voss; will be revealed by The Command Zone on July 2)

And here are 12 hints about what you'll find in the NEW CARDS in the Commander decks:

A white card that can phase out your creatures.

A legend with the the rules text, "Whenever an Illusion you control dies"...

A cursed version of a previous D&D-inspired Magic Card

A new card with the melee mechanic

A card named "Ride the Avalanche"

A card that uses component counters

A land that can remove an artifact, creature, or planeswalker from the battlefield.

A new enchant player curse

A card with the creature type "Beholder Skeleton"

An equipment with equip 10

A card with an ability that begins, "Until end of turn, permanents your opponents control gain"...

A card that grants some of your spells cascade

Start the speculation... Now! And talk with you again tomorrow! :)

(wotcstaff)

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, we got the names of the face Commandwrs, and a few other details on the Commander products this morning:

From the comments in the reddit post for the video...

There's tons of notes and flavor in the video you'll have to pick up when you watch, but for two big categories, here are the names of the 4 face commanders (their art is in the video):

Vrondiss, Rage of Ancients (Art by Svetlin Velinov; will be revealed by LoadingReadyRun on July 2)

Prosper, Tome-Bound (Art by Yongjae Choi; will be revealed by MTGGoldfish on July 2)

Sefris of the Hidden Ways (Art by Ryan Pancoast; will be revealed by MTG Muddstah on July 2)

Galea, Kindler of Hope (Art by Johannes Voss; will be revealed by The Command Zone on July 2)

And here are 12 hints about what you'll find in the NEW CARDS in the Commander decks:

A white card that can phase out your creatures.

A legend with the the rules text, "Whenever an Illusion you control dies"...

A cursed version of a previous D&D-inspired Magic Card

A new card with the melee mechanic

A card named "Ride the Avalanche"

A card that uses component counters

A land that can remove an artifact, creature, or planeswalker from the battlefield.

A new enchant player curse

A card with the creature type "Beholder Skeleton"

An equipment with equip 10

A card with an ability that begins, "Until end of turn, permanents your opponents control gain"...

A card that grants some of your spells cascade

Start the speculation... Now! And talk with you again tomorrow! :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
From the Reddit comments, the colors for the decks appear to be:

"RG Aggressive Dragons

BR Spellslinger

WUB Dungeons with a zombie subtheme

WUG Auras/Enchantress"

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, the four face Commanders are new characters, Advenurers with identifiable D&D Race, Class, & Subclass, and the alternate Commander in each deck is a Monster from D&D.

Vael

Legend
I am curious why people are suggesting Spellslinger for the Planar Portal deck.

Anyway, my guess for the monsters:
Beholder for the Planar Portal deck.
Mind Flayer for the Dungeon Deck.
Dragon for Draconic Rage
... (?) no idea for the Aura deck.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I am curious why people are suggesting Spellslinger for the Planar Portal deck.

Anyway, my guess for the monsters:
Beholder for the Planar Portal deck.
Mind Flayer for the Dungeon Deck.
Dragon for Draconic Rage
... (?) no idea for the Aura deck.
I'm going with...

Powerful Fiend for Planar Portal, maybe the Patron of the Warlock
Powerful undead for the Dungeon Deck: Ackerack or Szaz Tam?
Dragons McDragonface for Draconic Rage
Archfey for Aura?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The artwork for the four...

1624897506258.png
1624897517777.png

1624897531075.png

1624897540211.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads