D&D General MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Spoiler Thread

I found this info below on reddit:

"Official spoiler page for Korean language is listing card names(? I suspect) that haven't been spoiled yet.

I will provide eough translation for those who are interested.

Shocking Grasp(충격적인 움켜쥠)

Sudden Insight(갑작스런 통찰력)

Swiftfooted Rogue(발빠른 도적)

Drider(드라이더)

Manticore(만티코어)

Vampire Scatterer(흡혈귀 산란체) -this is definitely the wrong translation;

Druidic Job(드루이드 직업) -not sure about this either

Plummet(급추락) -this is a reprint

Barrowin of the Undurr(운두르 부족의 바로윈)

Demon-fanged Gnoll, Tarrg Narl(악마의 송곳니를 가진 놀, 타르그 나르) -fairly sure about the demon fanged gnoll. Don't know the exact spelling of the name though.

Path Towards the dungeon(던전 내리막길) -path downward is the exact word? Not sure about this either."

Plummet surprises me, there is no D&D spell called Plummet.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
I found this info below on reddit:

"Official spoiler page for Korean language is listing card names(? I suspect) that haven't been spoiled yet.

I will provide eough translation for those who are interested.

Shocking Grasp(충격적인 움켜쥠)

Sudden Insight(갑작스런 통찰력)

Swiftfooted Rogue(발빠른 도적)

Drider(드라이더)

Manticore(만티코어)

Vampire Scatterer(흡혈귀 산란체) -this is definitely the wrong translation;

Druidic Job(드루이드 직업) -not sure about this either

Plummet(급추락) -this is a reprint

Barrowin of the Undurr(운두르 부족의 바로윈)

Demon-fanged Gnoll, Tarrg Narl(악마의 송곳니를 가진 놀, 타르그 나르) -fairly sure about the demon fanged gnoll. Don't know the exact spelling of the name though.

Path Towards the dungeon(던전 내리막길) -path downward is the exact word? Not sure about this either."

Plummet surprises me, there is no D&D spell called Plummet.
It is a reprint of a card that would be leaving standard im October.

I'm trying to think of all the possibilities for new enchantment types and the only ones I've come up with so far are Mythals (land enchantments), Metamagic (basically they would enhance the instants and sorceries you cast in specific ways for a cost in mana per instant/sorcery cast), zones (antimagic zone, wild magic zone, dead magic zone).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It still doesn't explain how it fits into FR. They could add the spell to D&D.
Pretty generic, taking down a powerful creature with a bow and arrow: not all Magic "Spells" area omething that a D&D Spellcaster would do.
a8b2f186-4e04-49cb-a206-257cfb7e9361.jpg

This set us doubling down as a Core set substitute, they are going to reprint cards if they are generuc enough

Mark Rosewater said AFR has far fewer reprints then a Core Set, so I suspect the only reprints will like Bag of Holding reek of D&D feel or are absolutely essential for Standard post rotation.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Mark Rosewater said AFR has far fewer reprints then a Core Set, so I suspect the only reprints will like Bag of Holding reek of D&D feel or are absolutely essential for Standard post rotation.
No, he said it had far fewer reprints than Core 2021, specifically: Core 2021 had a metric ton of reprints, way more than normal. If AFR has the normal amount of reprints for a Core Set, it would still have far fewer reprints than Core 2021. We already have several reprints confirmed, I would expect quite a few more, particularly more D&D-ish generic options.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter

The cards in most magic sets have various levels of flavor, from belonging to a particular world (named legend) to belonging to several (some creature types, where the card has a non-place name) to generic. The first two groups there seem like they'd have to be avoided. For the generic ones, is there a reason to avoid them if the name is just descriptive (like Plummet, mentioned above) or fits a DnD spell (like Fireball) or is a non-placed named creature (Fencing Ace or Loyal Pegasus).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases