D&D 5E MTOF: Elves are gender-swapping reincarnates and I am on board with it

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I am not aware of any dinosaurs changing gender in Jurassic Park.
None of them became anatomically male, and none of them acquired male-coded social behaviors such as manspreading.
Watch the movie; the clip above is the sound bite version but the idea is developed more in other scenes.

And: what is 'manspreading' and how does it relate to the game?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Are you suggesting someone spliced Elf DNA and Frog DNA?

OMG a new idea for an Elf subrace Frelfs, Frog Elf hybrids! Just when WotC was out of ideas for new Elf subraces.
Somehow an Elf and a Bullywug were captured by a BBEG and used as victims of terrible un-natural experiments...

S

Sunseeker

Somehow an Elf and a Bullywug were captured by a BBEG and used as victims of terrible un-natural experiments...

What you call "unnatural experiments" that elf might call "finding love in unexpected places".

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
What you call "unnatural experiments" that elf might call "finding love in unexpected places".

Oh come on, how am I supposed to persuade the PCs to challenge my BBEG unless they think 'he is committing evil deeds against the will of his victims'?
They will completely skip the adventure I wrote for them if they think the BBEG 'is just doing a sloppy job of running an internet dating service'.
:p :hmm:

S

Sunseeker

Oh come on, how am I supposed to persuade the PCs to challenge my BBEG unless they think 'he is committing evil deeds against the will of his victims'?
They will completely skip the adventure I wrote for them if they think the BBEG 'is just doing a sloppy job of running an internet dating service'.
:p :hmm:

The greatest plot twist of all time! The quest-giver lied.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’m dating a FRELF? I knew I should’ve swiped the other way...

OTOH, that would explain why her dinner stew tasted paisley last night.

Yaarel

He Mage
The High Elves inherited the 4e Eladarin's talent for Wizardry and intellect and the 5e Eladarin inherited Feylocks and Bards and Sorcerers and their over powering personalities.

The 5e high elves lack talent for wizardry and intellect, being no better than average humans at these things.

When it comes to claims of poetry and song, the high elves are actually worse than average humans at these performance checks.

As far as race flavor, the high elves (and all other 5e elves) are little more than Dexterity fighters.

Riley37

First Post
We saw eggs in the wild. Either they had some who changed gender or- as has been documented in some reptiles- the females were capable of laying viable eggs without need of males.

There's a single word for that latter phrase, which appears in my previous post, which you quoted: "Some of them laid eggs, presumably through parthogenesis." I, uh... appreciate your vehement agreement and your supporting source material?

Oh, whoops. I misspelled "parthenogenesis". I was close enough that a Google search for the misspelling gets hits on the correct spelling. Okay, with that established, are we on the same page, and clear to move forward into new, exciting territory? Perhaps the role of Wolbachia in Jurassic Park, and among orcs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolbachia

Remove ads