• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Muay Thai D&D Character?

heroclincher

First Post
Hey, Everyone!

I'm new here AND new to D&D...

I'm supposed to make up a character for myself before my first game (with a group in San Diego) by the end of this month. My friends can't help me because they're 400 miles away and they're stupid about the Internet.

I wanted to make a character based on Muay Thai...

Kings Cup Promos 30 - Dedicated To The World Of Muay Thai.

See how those guys fight? It's so bad ass!! Is there any way I can incorporate those moves into my character?
http://community.coc-elite.com/video/246/Kings-Cup-Promos-30.aspx

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Monk for the unarmed Stonefist for the high single target damage, they have high mobility and access to push and knock prone attacks. Best race for it, half orc who look suitably thuggish.

Also hello and welcome to ENWorld, I appllaud your way of creating characters, "can I do something that looks like this?"

The Human Target

Adventurer
Monk for the unarmed Stonefist for the high single target damage, they have high mobility and access to push and knock prone attacks. Best race for it, half orc who look suitably thuggish.

Also hello and welcome to ENWorld, I appllaud your way of creating characters, "can I do something that looks like this?"

Yeah, I agree with this. Its your best bet.

Mistaarrow

First Post
I Agree, go Monk, and Ironically enough. i Live in San Diego to. and whats funny, is that my friends are on the other side of the country, haha. But ya, if you want a guy that does Karate, go with the Monk, which is in the Player Handbook 3. Talk to me if you need help. It would be awesome if we got a game going, or if i could join the one your in now.

Alukane

First Post
Alternatively, you can go with the brawling fighter, using spiked gauntlets refluffed like muay thai bandages, so you can clinch your enemies and tempest them with elbows and knees in the grab. My brawler, instead, is a grappler (directly from UFC :D ) that uses pin down to mantain his enemies to the ground while pounding, enjoying it so much that he gain new energy (with crushing surge!) ;)

PS Sorry for my bad english..

Last edited:

Neverfate

First Post
Personally. I'm not sure I really like the Monk the best Muay Thai character. You need a fairly high strength stat now that melee training Dex has been reduced. The brawler fighter, with the spiked gauntlet fluffed to ropes/bandages and the feat that ups the spiked gauntlet damage to 1d8. You'll also have the grab attacks for the "clinch" Muay Thai fighters use. There's also a few 1-2 attacks, like the other at-will, Slash and Pummel. It mostly depends what you have access to. If you're working with only PHB3 or PHB1, I'd definitely say for the Strength build Monk. However, a Character Builder with at least Martial Power 2 in it, I'd say go for the brawler fighter.

Shin Okada

Explorer
The main problem of using Brawler Fighter for Muay Thai will be that they should rely on armor for AC.

How about making a Stone Fist Monk and then take fighter multiclass feats to gain some grab-related powers?

Or, Hybrid Fighter/Monk of Str/Dex build may work, too. Choice of Hybrid Talents, and whether if he should go for Paragon Hybrid, will be difficult choices, though.

Remove ads