• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclass warlock feat

jasin

Explorer
Complete Adventurer, and then Complete Scoundrel, had feats that let you stack two specific classes for the purposes of some level-dependent abilities (such as bard and paladin stacking for the damage dealt by smite evil).

Are there feats like that that enhance a warlock's eldritch blast?

milo

First Post
I looked a while back and never found anything. I was looking for a prestige class that worked with warlock and rogue and couldn't find that either.

I will watch this thread though and see if anybody else finds anything.

Ahnehnois

First Post
I was looking for a prestige class that worked with warlock and rogue and couldn't find that either.

I will watch this thread though and see if anybody else finds anything.

I had a player who did daggerspell mage (complete adventurer); needed a bit of reworking but a good combo.

In response to the original question, I don't know of anything 'official'; but you ought to be able to make a feat based off of the ones for other classes.

rgard

Adventurer
I had a player who did daggerspell mage (complete adventurer); needed a bit of reworking but a good combo.

In response to the original question, I don't know of anything 'official'; but you ought to be able to make a feat based off of the ones for other classes.

Spellwarp Sniper is a good candidate for conversion. The only 'Special' class ability that would need real tweeking is the one you get at first level: Spellwarp. The other 4 levels look easy enough to adapt to a Warlock.

Thanks,
Rich

Arkhandus

First Post
I think it might be a bad idea for a DM to allow such a feat. Eldritch Blast and Invocations are rather different from such minor abilities as Smite Evil or the like. Smite Evil is only useable a few times per day and only adds 1 damage per level, to a melee attack only (generally going to be a normal melee attack). Eldritch Blast is 1d6/2 levels or so, ranged touch, and useable at will. While Invocations are likewise useable at will.......

A warlock 1/rogue X or whatever would gain a lot from such a feat, at practically no cost. Plus they could already get at-will invisibility through an Invocation, IIRC, by taking some levels of Warlock. Adding a full-power Eldritch Blast for ranged touch invisible sneak attacks (at almost full power from focusing on rogue levels) would probably be too much.

Darklone

Agreeing with Arkhandus, a full multiclass feat in the style of Daring Outlaw or Swift Hunter would be much too strong for eldritch blast... especially since there's no real defense against it.

I'd allow a feat like Practised Spellcaster/Manifester though to raise the eldritch blast output a few levels for multiclassed warlock/non-casters.

Remove ads