Murder is the Pits

ajanders

Explorer
Michael is too polite to point it out, but he's here for the murderer catching. Giving a collection of urban fops good gore for their gladiatorial gp is tertiary.
He puts on the half plate, tightens his shield strap, loosens his hammer strap, tucks his lucky sling into the shield, and makes sure his pouch of interesting rocks is tucked into his belt.
After that, he takes Vantri's advice and snaffles up any loose daggers he can find.

Finally he wraps his gray poncho over the whole thing and closes it with the granite clasp that is his holy symbol.
"Let's get this done."
(Sheet update immediately following)
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Ironwolf has not lost track of this, but he has accepted Petra's claim that success in the ring is important to success in the investigation. While Petra seems to think such success will make the party targets, even a more subtle investigation can only beenefit if we are accepted by the other gladiators.

Well, all that and Ironwolf's itching to prove himself, after the "Eggs and Desires" thing fell through.
 

ajanders

Explorer
OOC
Michael figures if they've got any brains, they'll try to kill the powerful healing cleric first.
All he has to do is survive, then kill them back.
Or maybe stun them...he'd really prefer stunning and trying, but it seems difficult to him.
 

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Vaniti isn't particularly thirlled about the combat, but since this is viewed as a game, he's trying to think of it as one, though survival is among the top things on his list. However, doesn't mean he can't make some money while he's here. (Anyone else who wants to wager anything should probably mention it at some point)
 

Patlin

Explorer
Ironwolf peruses the board, looking to find out who the current favorite is among the gladiators owned by Petra's employer. Once he has a name, he will try to catch Vanitri alone, or at least in a noisy environment where no one else is particularly close by. He asks Vanitri if he would agree that said favorite is a likely target.

If he can, by observation rather than question, Ironwolf will find out what the possible target will be about in preperation for the match. It is hs intention to keep an eye on this person, possibly though use of his psicrystal.
 



ajanders

Explorer
Bront said:
OOC: Then the Baptismal is too full, LOL. NP, hope everything's going well.

Depends on the rules...some people would say the font is not full enough.
The momentum has clearly been lost on Michael's dramatic entrance.
 

Bront

The man with the probe
ajanders said:
Depends on the rules...some people would say the font is not full enough.
The momentum has clearly been lost on Michael's dramatic entrance.
OOC: If it's for a newborn, and the mother is up to her ears, then it's too full ;)
 

Kahuna Burger

First Post
:heh: ehem.

the remaining gladiators in Petra's stable are the solid dependable types... well ranked on the boards, but not crowd favorites. if you had to guess, you'd say the favorites of what remains would be the two pairs you pre-empted for your matches.

for the sake of arguement we're going to treat the matches as simulataneous. Each pair is led to a seperate circle within the arena. The circles are 100 feet in diameter, and abut a wall of the great arena where spectators are gathered. You and your oponents will enter on opposite sides, and in game terms, one round will be spent being introduced and moving to a good possition. you can use this round to cast spells on yourself or your teamamte, but making an attack is out. when the gong is rung, the actual fight starts. Since everyone involved is pretty much delaying for the bell, you are treated as all having the same initiative and will act in order of dex with a +1 bonus for the improved init feat.

so, please give me your dex, any spells or effects you want to start in the intro round, and the possition you wish to move towards in the ring.
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top