• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Murder is the Pits

Patlin

Explorer
(Ironwolf has sold the bottle of fine wine, 10 gold per the SRD, and has kept the Antitoxin. I assume the various favors have no worth in resale.)

Bront

The man with the probe
"That's where I aim. Seems to be the place to meet all sorts." Vanitri says. "How 'bout it lil'sis?"

Vanitri will be selling a few things surely. Likely his old Rapier, probably his leather when he buys the mithril chain, possibly the nicely etched buckler, but not two bottles of wine or the gilded dagger.

OOC: I'm guessing (hoping?) the 'favors' arn't sellable on the open market. :uhoh: :confused:

Kahuna Burger said:
I'll take any feedback folks wish to give, though I wasn't planning on soliciting about any specific topics.

Everyone presented here is available for future adventrures - tiny is a 3rd level half orc monk and the mountain is a 3rd level halfling barbarian, petra was never statted but is basicly a medium level expert. Ron, btw, is the same "old ron" who Sara occasionally refers to, he's a very good if gruff guy who partially raised little 'double-trouble'.
Having never met Sara, I can't say much on that.

It was fun. Obviously a bit more combat oriented than interaction/npc oriented, but there was plenty of options available. I think the Pits are interesting, and in fact, think you could probably run an adventure simply as Petra hoping to recruit a few new gladiators, and get a few players to enter the pits and earn their way out.

I would have liked to explore Earling a bit more, but that's not in the adventure, and rightfully so, so no complains there.

Combat was run well, the maps were nice, though a key on the map might have been good, but for space I understand why it wasn't included. Baring your lame excuses of vacation and child bearing(;)) it was paced well, and flowed well.

No RP awards? Well, given it was a large majority of combat, that's understandable too. (Not begging, just asking. I tend to give out more RP awards though, so I am generaly more aware of it than others.)

All in all, very well done. I wouldn't complain at all if you GMed another adventure I ended up in. :)

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
(Ironwolf has sold the bottle of fine wine, 10 gold per the SRD, and has kept the Antitoxin. I assume the various favors have no worth in resale.)
no, though he might get some nice stuff if he met the lady. :p

I believe typical resale is 1/2 price.

Bront

The man with the probe
Kahuna Burger said:
no, though he might get some nice stuff if he met the lady. :p

I believe typical resale is 1/2 price.
I thought they might be usefull as rewards to Mountain and Tiny, though not sure if they were transferable ;)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bront said:
No RP awards? Well, given it was a large majority of combat, that's understandable too. (Not begging, just asking. I tend to give out more RP awards though, so I am generaly more aware of it than others.)
I was gonna give anyone who invested in perform gladiator an RP bonus. :p But overall, I guess I'm skimpy on them.

Thank you for the feedback, glad you like the Pits.

Bront

The man with the probe
Kahuna Burger said:
I was gonna give anyone who invested in perform gladiator an RP bonus. :p But overall, I guess I'm skimpy on them.

Thank you for the feedback, glad you like the Pits.
I thought about it, but Skillpoints are SOO precious, and I don't think perform was a class skill for me at the time. No worries. Hope the feedback helps :)

Bront

The man with the probe
On a side note, I'm guessing all items in Earling are standard price? Or we getting a "Heroes" discount? ;)

Just curious, might influence my shopping.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Bront said:
On a side note, I'm guessing all items in Earling are standard price? Or we getting a "Heroes" discount? ;)

Just curious, might influence my shopping.
Petra does quite a bit of ordering from the local weapons and armorsmiths... if you were willing to wait a week for her to send it after you to the red dragon, she could get you a 25% discount on anything non magical. (an added bonus, snce this adventure had less "loot" than usual.)

Bront

The man with the probe
Oooh, sold :)

Vanitri will order a Mithril Chain Shirt (825), and a Masterwork Composite Longbow (STR +1) (375)

He'll end up selling his old leather, one of the bottles of wine (Tempting, but too much weight), the buckler (again, tempting, but too much weight), and his old rapier.

Ironwolf, how short are you from being able to afford full plate/masterwork full plate? (Costs 1425)

Patlin

Explorer
"Very short, I'm afraid. Even shorter on a mithril breastplate, too, so I'm being ambivalent. I figure if I keep adventuring, I ought to be attacked by someone wearing armor eventually."

ooc: In my local group, we were once set upon by a big nasty dangerous monster wearing mithril full plate. It seemed to want to talk, but it kept threatening us. I responded "Pardon me, but you're wearing my new suite of armor." Things went rapidly downhill from there, and in the ensuing melee I remember yelling at the sorceror to be carefull not to disintegrate my armor. We weren't a very diplomatic crew in that particular campaign.... my favorite line, alas not my own, occurred shortly after we got into some hotsy totsy private club in town. They were very snobby and made getting in very annoying. My buddy walked up to the bar, and was asked what he would like to have. His response: "Give me a bottle of your most flamable beverage." :lol:

"Maybe in the meantime I should buy a masterwork cold iron falchion, what do you think?"

Remove ads