Music and D&D

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
For many years the Wrath of Khan soundtrack was our groups go-to soundtrack, and I associate that music with a bunch of modules and settings. More currently, my 12 year-old just curated a playlist of hits from the 80's to go along with all his Bard spells and abilities which he plays in-game whenever he uses those abilities. I'm a proud dad right now.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I mean, on the one hand, awesome job getting your kid so involved! That's great! Also a great age for RPGing. :)

On the other hand, friends don't let friends bard.
It's his first real campaign, I was going to let him play whatever he wanted. He wants to play a Gnome Charlatan Bard with a bubble pipe and 80's entry music? Sure, no sweat. Would I let you play that same character without a whole lot of mockery? Hell no.

Sacrosanct

Legend
It's his first real campaign, I was going to let him play whatever he wanted. He wants to play a Gnome Charlatan Bard with a bubble pipe and 80's entry music? Sure, no sweat. Would I let you play that same character without a whole lot of mockery? Hell no.

For some reason, this put the theme song to Kid Video into my head. And because I'm a giver. now so do you ;)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
shiver

Now that is some unconditional love.

In my house, I would have been all, "YOU ARE NO CHILD OF MINE! BEGONE, SATAN-SPAWN!"

Different parenting styles, and all that.
Did I mention his small squirrel friend? Usually played by my two year-old who wants to be doing what the big kids are doing. He's planning to MC into Warlock to add a familiar too. Sometimes parenthood is a struggle.

In Ashley Warren's DMsGuild Product The Ring of the Battle Maiden, she presents a folk metal playlist that inspired her writing. I found that to be a cool touch and it opened my eyes... er... ears to some stuff I'd never heard before.

You can listen to the playlist here:
ashleywarrenwrites.com/ring

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases