• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Music and D&D

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
For many years the Wrath of Khan soundtrack was our groups go-to soundtrack, and I associate that music with a bunch of modules and settings. More currently, my 12 year-old just curated a playlist of hits from the 80's to go along with all his Bard spells and abilities which he plays in-game whenever he uses those abilities. I'm a proud dad right now.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I mean, on the one hand, awesome job getting your kid so involved! That's great! Also a great age for RPGing. :)

On the other hand, friends don't let friends bard.
It's his first real campaign, I was going to let him play whatever he wanted. He wants to play a Gnome Charlatan Bard with a bubble pipe and 80's entry music? Sure, no sweat. Would I let you play that same character without a whole lot of mockery? Hell no.

Sacrosanct

Legend
It's his first real campaign, I was going to let him play whatever he wanted. He wants to play a Gnome Charlatan Bard with a bubble pipe and 80's entry music? Sure, no sweat. Would I let you play that same character without a whole lot of mockery? Hell no.

For some reason, this put the theme song to Kid Video into my head. And because I'm a giver. now so do you ;)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
shiver

Now that is some unconditional love.

In my house, I would have been all, "YOU ARE NO CHILD OF MINE! BEGONE, SATAN-SPAWN!"

Different parenting styles, and all that.
Did I mention his small squirrel friend? Usually played by my two year-old who wants to be doing what the big kids are doing. He's planning to MC into Warlock to add a familiar too. Sometimes parenthood is a struggle.

In Ashley Warren's DMsGuild Product The Ring of the Battle Maiden, she presents a folk metal playlist that inspired her writing. I found that to be a cool touch and it opened my eyes... er... ears to some stuff I'd never heard before.

You can listen to the playlist here:
ashleywarrenwrites.com/ring

Remove ads