Music in your sessions 2!

Kashell

First Post
What music do you use in your sessions?

Do you organize your music? (IE: Battle music, Town music...)

Do you hand pick your music, or just pick up a CD and go with it?

Do you have a favorite song for your sessions?

Common DM's music according to ENWorld (so far):

-Lord of the Rings soundtracks,
-Signs,
-the Mummy,
-Sleepy Hollow,
-Last Samurai,
-Last of the Mohicans,
-Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,
-Troy,
-Van Helsing,
-Bram Stoker's Dracula,
-Harry Potter soundtracks
- Stargate (the original movie)
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- King Arthur
- Henry V
- Braveheart
- Pirates of the Carribean

Favorite Songs of Enworld:

Reiterated Inspiration
By: KFSS Studios/OnUp Studios

Keep 'em comin!

Last edited:

fredramsey

First Post
I TRY to use music in my games...

See, problem is, I played with a DM long ago (you out there, Pete?) who was a MASTER with music. He spent most of his music time listening to soundtracks. He had a downright uncanny knack for syncronizing the events in the game to creshendos in the music (of course, I realize now that a lot of his encounters were structured the same - low levels beat us into submission, and as soon as we thought it was over, the BIG bad guys show up).

But it was great. I try to emulate that, but to no avail. So I try to find fairly generic music that I play constantly in the background, and I have a CD of .MP3's that are instrumentals for combat - including selections from the Matrix films, and others. Blood-pumpin' stuff.

Also, the opening theme from the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack cannot be beat for an opening theme for a session.

Good luck.

Kashell

First Post
Guess I'll start...

-I use everything. Well, I have a hard time integrating techno/trance music due to the musical tastes of the group, but just everything.

-Yes. I organize extensively everything that plays in the background.

-I hand pick everything and make sure that every single track is where it is suppose to belong.

Yes, in fact...

Reiterated Inspiration
By: KFSS Studios/OnUp Studios

( ^ Please use the above format when posting your song. Makes it easier for me ^.^)

Hey, that looks like my list! :)

Anyway, I do not organize my music; I simply pick stuff that fits the general tone and theme of the campaign and don't worry too much if they're at the Duchess' ball during a combat-like music, or listening to something soft, subtle and spooky when they're in the middle of wild, swashbuckling action. For the most part, it works out well enough, and I prefer the music more in the background than a major piece of the campaign anyway.

What I prefer to do is rip my soundtracks (or at least portions thereof) and write the mp3s onto a data cd, so I can fit about 180 or so tracks. Then I throw that in my stereo downstairs (my computer is upstairs, and I don't really want it at my sessions to distract me anyway) with the volume turned down relatively low.

gamecat

Explorer
we play with a computer in the room, and have found the practice of burning cds whilst playing D&D.

Our last sessions included:

Assorted Electronica (Esp. Hardcore, Hard trance, light on the Happycore/Jungle)
FFIV OST
The Synthetic Dream Foundation
Lords of Acid

Basically anything kinda ambient. We're all would-be ravers, so electronica is the soundtrack to our lives.

Arnwyn

First Post
Kashell said:
Soundtracks, mostly from movies and video games.
All the CDs are in alphabetical order.
No need for either - I have a 200 CD jukebox and a remote in hand during the session (expanding soon).
Nope. The appropriate song is played at the appropriate time. This widely varies. It's unlikely the same song will be heard in a six-month period (there are some exceptions, though).

J_A_Garlock

First Post
gamecat said:
D.

Our last sessions included:

Assorted Electronica (Esp. Hardcore, Hard trance, light on the Happycore/Jungle)
FFIV OST
The Synthetic Dream Foundation
Lords of Acid

Do you like Skinny Puppy? Some good dark stuff there.

Remove ads