Music-Inspired Insanity OOC [3.5, CLOSED]

Theroc

First Post
I'll do my best to keep everyone as alive as possible ;p

Well, Shavallah can fight normally until she hits -10 HP then she dies unless I invest more essentia into her gloves, with gets me to -12(dead) or -15(dead)

She also has 3 health more than her character sheet says as she's a level 3 meldshaper so gains 3 bonus HP from that.

So, as long as Shavallah stays above -9 HP, she should be good. ;)

Frozen Messiah

First Post
I think we should be fine with Platinus doing some in combat healing and Jasper doing some out of combat healing (and in combat once he gets the wand) we just need to focus on getting the jump on our opponent and making sure we have the upperhand before the battle even begins. Also knowing when to retreat is another good thing for us to figure out :p.

G

Guest 11456

Celest : Female Aasimar Cleric 2

For submission.

I used an alternate class feature from Complete Mage and a feat from Complete Divine.

[sblock]Character Name: Celest
Race: Aasimar
Class: Cleric
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Pelor

Height: 6’1”
Weight: 145#
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Golden
Hair: Blond

Character Level: 2
EXP Points Gained: 3,000
EXP Needed For Next Level: 6,000

Known Languages: Common, Celestial, Draconic

-------------------------------------------------------

Strength: 10 (+0) [2pts]
Dexterity: 10 (+0) [2pts]
Constitution: 10 (+0) [2pts]
Intelligence: 12 (+1) [4pts]
Wisdom: 20 (+5) [16pts, +2 race]
Charisma: 18 (+4) [10pts, +2 race]

Class Abilities: Divine Counterspell, Spontaneous Casting

Race Abilities: Darkvision 60’, Daylight 1/day,
Resistance to Acid 5, Resistance to Cold 5,
Resistance to Electricity 5

Armor Class: 14 (+0 Dex, +4 armor)
Flatfooted Armor Class: 14
Touch Armor Class: 10

Hit Points: 16

Saves:
Fortitude: +3 (3 base, +0 Con)
Reflex: +0 (0 base, +0 Dex)
Will: +8 (3 base, +5 Wis)

Initiative Modifier: +0
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee Attack Bonus: +1
Ranged Attack Bonus: +1

Weapons:
Heavy Mace (+1, 1d8, 20/x2, B)

Skills:
Diplomacy/9 (Cha) ** 5 ranks
Heal/12 (Wis) ** 5 ranks (+2 kit)
Knowledge [arcana]/6 (Int) ** 5 ranks
Listen/7 (Wis) (+2 race)
Spot/7 (Wis) (+2 race)

Feat:
Augment Healing (1st level)

Magic:
Domains: Healing & Sun
Spells:
0th (4/day): Create Water, Detect Poison,
Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st (4+1/day): Bless, Cure Light Wounds*,
Deathwatch, Detect Evil, Shield of Faith

Equipment & Gear:
Travelers Outfit (0gp, 0#, worn)
Silver Holy Symbol (25gp, 1#, worn)
Mithral Shirt (1100gp, 10#, worn)
Heavy Mace (12gp, 8#, belt)
Backpack (2gp, 2#, back)
Healer’s Kit [10 uses] (50gp, 1#, pack)
Wand of CLW [50 charges] (750gp, 0#, pack)
Wand of CLW [50 charges] (750gp, 0#, pack)
Treasure (1pp, 1gp, 0#, pack)
Total (2700 gp, 22#)

Encumbrance: 33/66/100/200/500
Base Speed: 30 ft
Normal Speed: 30 ft

Background: The unconscious Celest was dropped off at an inn just two days ago by an unknown man. The man’s instructions were for the innkeeper to tend to the woman, Celest, until she awoke. Apparently the stranger paid handsomely for the favor. Celest awakes remembering nothing of her past, but fully capable of performing her clerical skills.

[sblock=DIVINE COUNTERSPELL]Complete Mage, page 33
Although the ability to turn undead is arguably a defining cleric characteristic, some clerics (and paladins) find that they can be even more effective crusaders by opposing evil spellcasters. The ability to negate an enemy spellcasters magic grants a character an unexpected edge.
Class: Cleric or paladin.
Level: 1st (cleric) or 4th (paladin).
Special Requirement: Knowledge (arcana) 1 rank.
Replaces: You do not gain the ability to turn or rebuke undead.
Benefit: You gain the supernatural ability to counter another spellcaster's magic through pure force of will. This ability functions just as if you were using dispel magic to counter the spell, except that you add your cleric level (instead of your caster level) to the d20 roll. You don't need to identify the spell the opposing spellcaster is casting to make the attempt.
If you don't have a cleric level, use your effective cleric level for the purpose of turning undead. For example, a paladin would normally turn undead as a cleric of three levels lower; her effective cleric level for counterspelling is equal to her paladin level –3.
You can attempt to counterspell a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Cha modifier.
A character with 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (arcana) gets a +2 bonus on counterspelling attempts when using this ability.[/sblock]

[sblock=AUGMENT HEALING]
Complete Divine, page 79
Prerequisite: Heal 4 ranks
Benefit: Add +2 points per spell level to the amount of damage healed by any Conjuration [Healing] spell that you cast.
For example, a 1st-level cleric with this feat casting cure light wounds would restore 1d8+3 hp. An 8th-level cleric with the Healing domain and this feat casting cure moderate wounds would restore 2d8+13 hp (9 for his caster level including the +1 caster level bonus for the Healing domain, + 4 for the feat). A 13th-level druid casting heal would restore 144 hp (130 for her caster level + 14 for the feat, since heal is a 7th-level druid spell).[/sblock][/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
DW - I can check over the Complete Mage and COmplete Divine elements and/or submit them to you, if you'd like, since I don't believe you have either of those sources.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Glad to see someone stepping in. Celest looks mostly good to go, I'll just need verification on those features.

So, Theroc, if you will, please? All the books listed in my first or second post are the ones I have. I am familiar with Augment Healing (through NWN2), and it's a reasonable feat. I really just need verification on Divine Counterspell... Especially since there is no activation action specified in your write-up, Tailspinner. (If the text didn't specify and action, I'd have to rule that it will need to be done as a readied standard action, like normal counterspelling.)

Once that's taken care of, I can toss Celest into the game. :)

Theroc

First Post
Glad to see someone stepping in. Celest looks mostly good to go, I'll just need verification on those features.

So, Theroc, if you will, please? All the books listed in my first or second post are the ones I have. I am familiar with Augment Healing (through NWN2), and it's a reasonable feat. I really just need verification on Divine Counterspell... Especially since there is no activation action specified in your write-up, Tailspinner. (If the text didn't specify and action, I'd have to rule that it will need to be done as a readied standard action, like normal counterspelling.)

Once that's taken care of, I can toss Celest into the game. :)

What he's got down for the feat is exactly what is written. I'd assume your ruling is what was intended. Did you want me to doublecheck the Complete Divine Augment healing as well, or are we good on source material?

Remove ads