Mutant High Issue 3: Revelations

drothgery

First Post
"But a true clone would take a long time to grow. Plus there's the flying vehicle and energy weapons... I always knew that technological advances were hidden or hoarded away, but I never thought that there could be this much of a difference."

"Hey, I'm biology and law, not physics. But I can at least see how those might work in theory. On the other hand, a human embryo takes a certain amount of time to become a human adult. Nutrition and environmental factors can change that some, but it's still fifteen to twenty years. And no matter what Mr. Lensher's group likes to say, we're still H. sap. No speciation; we can have kids with normal humans -- my mom did." Eric said.

Caros

First Post
"I'm guessing you don't have a proper answer to the whole 'where are we' question then huh?" He swore briefly. Leaning back against the wall at his back. "This is definately not your average day at school."

He sighed briefly, mind wandering to all of the students, tears fought back at the thought of the dead, wondering just how much of it was his fault.

At last, he leaned forward, hopping off the edge of that bed, a quick focus of his power rearranging his clothing, a hand swept back through his hair. "I've got a... feeling about this whole situation, but nothing is going to be resolved by staying in here. Lets go talk to Magneto."

With that he left, outwardly displaying his power by warping the door from its hinges as he walked, letting the loud strike of it falling to the floor announce him. It wasn't arrogance, for once at least, more an attempt to bolster already flagging confidence in his own abilities.

Jemal

Adventurer
*Clone Base*
-Spike
"Xavier has a lot of power. You have a lot of POTENTIAL. That is why you're here, just like your.. associates, who will be joining us as soon as they're up and about. I have a proposal to unlock each of your potential and help you attain the power to help us all." Magneto smiled widely at Spike, a wild gleam in his eyes.

-Phase/Alchemist
Two guards in black uniforms wielding rifles stood on either side of the door. The jumped back, guns aimed at Alchemist as he stepped out, before standing down.
"It wasn't locked, SIR, you could have just walked out. If you're ready to see Magneto, come this way, otherwise just tell us what you want."

*Magneto's Base*
"We have access to some equipment that young Pyro may find useful." Magneto smiled, raising an eyebrow as the metal on the table shifted, but the smile faded as the clone debate returned.
"ENOUGH." The table vibrated with his statement "This debate has become redundant, and was pointless even in the begining. The only FACT is that we do not know WHO, WHAT, or HOW, so debating the finer points seems a waste of time and breath, neither of which I care to spare at the moment. Tess, go with them to the school while the rest of us plan our assault. I would suggest not telling them what we plan, in case there ARE traitors in your midst."

[sblock=ooc]
Drothgery, is this clone issue a personal problem for you (Which seems to be the case), or merely a very stubborn character?
If the former, then I must remind you that Comic Book Science IS NOT real world Scienc.
If the later, then you should have started with a Knowledge check to see what Eric DID know, instead of just claiming all this 'indisputable knowledge' comes from his mom (Unless that was just roleplaying and he doesn't actually "know" any of this).
Just to make sure everybody's clear on the actual information, as a DM I'm telling you straight out:
Magneto's clone is a perfect physical (if not mental) duplicate.

For roleplaying purposes, you may feel free to keep Eric stubbornly misinformed (he wouldn't have access to information about the technology that made this clone anyways), but I felt that you should know as a player that your character's assumptions are incorrect.[/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
Serena scowled again. "Convienent that all the telepaths are out, so they can infiltrate easily." she said with a scowl.

The metal shifted again, almost in response to her frustration. "Alright. Plans. Do you have a schematic of the base these guys are holed up in? Or... Hell I'm being stupid. I know you have a computer around here. Lemme see if I can datalink a satalite to it" she grinned.

The first time she ever hijacked a satelite was a real headrush.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Bored, and somewhat curious, Miranda decided to a little more more productive instead of just standing around and waiting for the order to be sent for everyone to leave. She decided to take the opportunity to study Magneto's life-force. After all, if she was going to deal with a Magneto and his clone, she'll have to be able to distinguish between them almost immediately.

kirinke

First Post
Eric hands Serena his iPhone. "This ought to work." He said. "But if you break it, you owe me."

"Thanks," Serena said and began to crackle with electricity. "Give me a minute..." she said concentrating as she locked into the signal and then into an appropriate satalite, this time some sort of weather sat. "Okay, got one. Magneto, if you could, give me the base cordinates,"

Victim

First Post
Eric hands Serena his iPhone. "This ought to work." He said. "But if you break it, you owe me."

"You'd keep your phone after it was used to hack into satellite?" Temper asks, surprised. "That could be interpreted as a terrorist act, of course. It might be expensive to replace, but I don't think it's worth it to carry evidence against yourself around."

kirinke

First Post
"You'd keep your phone after it was used to hack into satellite?" Temper asks, surprised. "That could be interpreted as a terrorist act, of course. It might be expensive to replace, but I don't think it's worth it to carry evidence against yourself around."

Serena looked hurt. "Please, I'm good enough to erase my tracks." Serena finishes, downloading the information onto the Ipod and waits for Magneto (or his lackeys) to get her something so she can display it.

"Serena, you're leaking current again," Temper says sharply.

She of course has noticed the metal forming odd shapes, but assumed it was Magneto. "Electricity wouldn't do that," she replied, sounding confused.

"I thought you were doing it," she told Magneto.

The metal shifted again almost in response to her agitation.

Last edited:

Remove ads